A cheaper substitute for the Iwata cleaning kit pliers.

Nessus

Needle-chuck Ninja
I had some drama with my Micron a while back, with one of the parts being factory overtightened so it couldn't be removed. Was advised by Iwata to get their cleaning kit pliers, but I was very put off by the price (I already have alts for everything else in the kit, so I'd basically be paying ~$80 for just the pliers).

I went looking for a cheaper substitute. Not just any old pliers will do: the grip geometry is a little important in this context to getting an all-around grip so it doesn't just strip either the part or the jaws.

I ended up getting these: Igarashi IPS PH-165, and they worked great!

Just thought I'd share for anyone else who's been eyeing the Iwata kit, but felt the price was too high.

I had some drama with my Micron a while back, with one of the parts being factory overtightened so it couldn't be removed. Was advised by Iwata to get their cleaning kit pliers, but I was very put off by the price (I already have alts for everything else in the kit, so I'd basically be paying ~$80 for just the pliers).

I went looking for a cheaper substitute. Not just any old pliers will do: the grip geometry is a little important in this context to getting an all-around grip so it doesn't just strip either the part or the jaws.

I ended up getting these: Igarashi IPS PH-165, and they worked great!

Just thought I'd share for anyone else who's been eyeing the Iwata kit, but felt the price was too high.

I have these, although they are called something different - I purchased them when I had difficulty finding replacement jaws for the Iwata pair. They work perfectly. They are a tad larger than the Iwata pair. Mine do not quite fit in the tool kit as a complete replacement for the Iwata, but I really don't care... they do the job!

Back