For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

A day out in Glasgow, the things you see there :)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Malky, May 12, 2018.

1. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

We had a beautiful sunny day today so I thought I would take a trip to Glasgow and tour the art shops and pick up some more paints, namely my Golden High Flow primary colours and some umber, also found some Moltov liquid mask, always handy to have, and I even got a discount card as well as a promise that all the items I complained about not being there will be there next time I visit, my main complaint was that if they are selling golden airbrush paints, they should also sell the appropriate mediums that go with them.

Despite the fact that it hurts and tires me I can never a resist a good long walk around my home town to see all the sites I've missed and indeed some new ones I didn't know existed, been a few changes since moving to England 34 years ago and then the Netherlands 18 years ago, on my travels I came across a sand sculpting artist working on the street outside some shops, I was amazed to watch what he was doing and had to get a couple of piccies to show off, this guy was using very little in the way of tools, in the time I was viewing he seemed to use only a bricklayers pointing trowel, a butter knife and what looked like a makeup brush but as you can see here the result is incredible, I doubt he was actually finished but I couldn't hang around too long, I took the photos from quite far away form him, I was scared I might end up having to throw some money in his little tray, OK OK I'm Scottish ffs, get over it:)

@Joe T I have feeling you'll like this too, in fact, if you can't paint your doggy, maybe you can try this;)

doggy 3.jpg

doggy 4.jpg

I couldn't believe just how much expression he was able to get into the dogs face.

I'm pretty knackered right now but I did have great day out:thumbsup:
    NEMOPa, musicmacd, jord001 and 8 others like this.
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

That’s incredible! How people manage to do that blows my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jord001 and Malky like this.
  3. Malky

When I first came upon him he had his back to me and I thought it was someone tending to an animal that had been in an accident, I had no idea he was actually creating one lol, it hurts to think that at the end of the day when it's completed he will have to destroy it:eek: incredible patience and talent.

I'm totally into anything artistic, creative and involving skill, and when I get into those art shops, it's damn hard to get out again, perhaps I shouldn't wait until they closeo_O:)
    jord001, Jonathon, HellBird and 2 others like this.
  4. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

The short term nature does suck. But I guess it’s also part of the appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jord001 likes this.
  5. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot!

I just couldn't do it. If I spent all day sculpting something like that from sand I'd probably have it mixed w water glass or Portland like those logs and vines. Awesome discovery for your trip though. I wish my day was half as interesting as yours.
    jord001, SiRoxx and Malky like this.
  6. Joe T

Joe T Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

How awesome is this. I appreciate you thinking of me when you saw this. I wish I had half the talent this guy has. If my Wife was there she’d have this guy over to make one in our yard for sure...lol
  7. Malky

There's always something exciting to see in Glasgow, there is an incredible amount culture and talent there and it's been like that since I was a child, the two most famous streets, Buchanan Sreet and Argyl Street were lined with buskers, most of them very talented, but there was one guy who was shiit hit on guitar but couldn't sing to save himself:eek:

I forgot the best part of my day when pigged out at Burger King so I didn't have to cook when I got homelol

I can't wait to get painting something now:)
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  8. Joe T

Yea, I’m sooooo looking forward to that. Lol
    jord001 likes this.
  9. Malky

I thought the colour of the sand was very appropriate, automatically thought of your dogs.

I'll spend tomorrow getting images and stuff ready, on Monday I have someone coming to my house to do a survey for a new kitchen but after they've gone I can get started:)
    jord001 and Joe T like this.
  10. Joe T

Too bad you don’t live closer, that’s what I do make new kitchens then finish them!
    jord001 likes this.
  11. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

Cool... a sand puppy because castles are so last century! :)
    jord001, Malky and Joe T like this.
  12. Malky

I live in a rented house and the new kitchen is part of the housing association's refurbishment scheme, so it's free of charge:)
  13. musicmacd

musicmacd The Createx Bandit Very Likeable!

You that sand was stolen don’t youlollol

Agree about the skills! Amazing
    Malky likes this.
  14. Malky

lol I don't care how he got the sand, he probably put it to better use than the folks he might have stole it from:thumbsup:

I wish I asked him who he was now, I would love to see more of what he does, I had a chat a chat with a geezer further up the street about him and he said he's seen him a few times in different areas and he does other amazing stuff, I'm sure I could have done that too but with my back problems it would be very uncomfortable, I used to do a lot sculpting with insulating foam, mainly novelty quad copter canopies when I used fly model planes, stuff like this.

97994-1329669246-2a0299f27450f185775febed7c465501.jpg
    sethco08, Jonathon, SiRoxx and 5 others like this.
  15. Digitalflyer

Digitalflyer Young Tutorling

Malky you back over here, thought you were residing over the northen part of the channel somewhere?
    Need to get you back to spraying canopies again

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
  16. Malky

I gave up on re-doing the crashed helicopter canopies because it was to much work and wouldnt pay if I was actually doing it for the money, I did it mostly for friends who had helped me with other things like electronic stuff, I wish I could fly again, there is a field not far from me but my health gets worse by the day and I just can't stand at the field all day.

I moved back here from Holland in February 2017 and just getting back into airbrushing now, should be easier this time round since I have no distractions now other than some work going on in my house, fun days ahead:)
    Digitalflyer likes this.
  17. Digitalflyer

Digitalflyer Young Tutorling

Has it been that long since we chatted? I'm still flying an hour here and there but like you health has got worse, I go to the local beach and take the Mrs, she's become me flight buddy now. Get back in the air mate, helps me relax and keeps me from going Bonkers

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
  18. Malky

Yes, I thought about getting another plane and maybe getting one of my sons involved, I used to train newbies at our field in Holland but it would be fun to train one (or all) of my own sons, that way we could share equipment and costs.
  19. sethco08

sethco08 Young Tutorling

Interesting sand sculpture. Looks even real, to be honest.