A little about myself

retiredgarnham

Triple Actioner
Hi, my name is Richard, I am 57yrs old and spend most of my time living in Madrid Spain and the summer months in Brighton England.
I have been a member of this site for a couple of years now just viewing, but now I have decided to come off the fence and join in.
I first started airbrushing when I was 12yrs old. Stopped airbrushing approx 6 weeks later!! I tried to airbrush model planes with a Badger airbrush and compressed air in a can. Compressors were way to expensive for my pocket money and paper round. So was loads of canned compressed air.
Started again 3 years ago (2012) after wanting to change the colour of my one metre rc racing yacht.
Picked up a deal on Ebay, compressor and a cheap airbrush. Soon after I was surfing the web and found Airbrush Tutor. What an eye opener.
Two years later and a lot of practice using the tutorials on this site I thought I could just about master the airbrush. That was, until I read on one of the forum threads "the moment you pull back on the trigger paint will flow". When I pulled back on the trigger paint flowed out of my airbrush whenever it felt like it. It was a constant guessing game, but I managed.
Just 6 months ago I decided to upgrade to a new Harder & Steenbeck Infinity CRPlus 2 in 1. What a difference! This airbrush is unbelievable. So good in fact that I have plucked up the courage to post a couple of my efforts.
I now have in my arsenal, a H & S Infinity 2 in 1,
H & S Evolution 2 in 1
Veda 180
Aztek metal deluxe
My paint preferences are Createx Illustration
ComArt Transparent
My material varies between canvass, 240gms paper and fibreglass objects

I'd normal say welcome to the zoo but if you've been stalking for awhile then you know exactly what this place is like !
Glad you've been brave enough to come forth and join the 'airbrush anonymous' club. Airbrushes seem to be a bit like tattoos, it's rare anyone stops at one[emoji33]
I look forward to seeing your work.
And there's your first official welcome [emoji1]

Hi, my name is Richard, I am 57yrs old and spend most of my time living in Madrid Spain and the summer months in Brighton England.
I have been a member of this site for a couple of years now just viewing, but now I have decided to come off the fence and join in.
I first started airbrushing when I was 12yrs old. Stopped airbrushing approx 6 weeks later!! I tried to airbrush model planes with a Badger airbrush and compressed air in a can. Compressors were way to expensive for my pocket money and paper round. So was loads of canned compressed air.
Started again 3 years ago (2012) after wanting to change the colour of my one metre rc racing yacht.
Picked up a deal on Ebay, compressor and a cheap airbrush. Soon after I was surfing the web and found Airbrush Tutor. What an eye opener.
Two years later and a lot of practice using the tutorials on this site I thought I could just about master the airbrush. That was, until I read on one of the forum threads "the moment you pull back on the trigger paint will flow". When I pulled back on the trigger paint flowed out of my airbrush whenever it felt like it. It was a constant guessing game, but I managed.
Just 6 months ago I decided to upgrade to a new Harder & Steenbeck Infinity CRPlus 2 in 1. What a difference! This airbrush is unbelievable. So good in fact that I have plucked up the courage to post a couple of my efforts.
I now have in my arsenal, a H & S Infinity 2 in 1,
H & S Evolution 2 in 1
Veda 180
Aztek metal deluxe
My paint preferences are Createx Illustration
ComArt Transparent
My material varies between canvass, 240gms paper and fibreglass objects
Hi Welcome Richard. Not much to tell since you already know the site. Their a great bunch here. Looks like you have a nice set up. I'll hopefully picking up an H & S Infinity 2 in 1 anytime soon. Once again welcome and enjoy.

Well it is past time for your official Welcome Home .
I am glad you decided to come and start posting and I too look forward to seeing what you have learned during you time here.

Welcome from Minnesota, glad you shared your work with us. I love when members share anything they are working on, even when it's simply dots, lines and doodles. Great job by the way! :thumbsup:

Welcome from Forida!!!!!!. Love the collection. We all find our favorites for different jobs. Glad you joined the "official" club and great to have you here.

Back