A newbie,very willing to learn!

M

Mia's Ink

Hi everyone :)

Im Lee, from birmingham, Uk. I am a tattoo artist and very much into art work. I have also been in the car scene for quite a while and have been asked many times why i dont give airbrushing a go.

Well... I was doing a little research on the subject and stumbled across this site 2 days ago, seems very friendly and busy on here so thought id join up.

I have just purchased a starter kit of ebay (just to practise for now) and a set of 6 x 60ml wicked paints.

Ive been looking around the tutorial sections but do still have a lot of questions (yes, im a bit of a pain, but im willing to learn).

My equipment should arrive within the next 2 days so hopefully i will meet some friendly people on here and eventually be producing so good artwork!

Thanks

Lee

Welcome home Lee, Love tats being I have a few..LOL

Post up some of your tat work too.
and look forward to seeing how you take to an airbrush.

Thanks Mr.Micron, i love all types of artwork, even do some oil painting on canvas' now and again when i have time.

I will definately post some work up when i get chance :distracted:

All ive been able to do for the past few days is watch videos and look at other peoples work, its very fascinating!

Thanks Mr.Micron, i love all types of artwork, even do some oil painting on canvas' now and again when i have time.

I will definately post some work up when i get chance :distracted:

All ive been able to do for the past few days is watch videos and look at other peoples work, its very fascinating!

I have some friends who went from tats to airbrush and they all have told me that the color blending is a lot like tats.
Me I just get tats not give them...LOL

HI Lee, I am also Lee from Birmingham :) No tats but love them for the artwork. Thought about having a go myself. Welcome to the Forum, ask away with your questions, everyones always willing to help in what ever way possible It's like a big extended family here.

Lee

Welcome to the forum from the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Lee from another Brit. With your tatt background, and love of art, you'll love the airbrush. Once you've mastered the strokes you'll be well away! Check out the tutorial vids when you get your kit, and ask away!

Hey lee welcome from cambridgeshire buddy, glad to have you on board!

Welcome to the forum from Holland....again....Lee ! Have a blast here.

Welcome to the family lee!! Glad your willing to learn because they rid a lot to learn :)
You should do fine making the transition from tats to brushing. Good lick and ca t wait to see some work!! Also don't hesitate to ask a question, you might be surprised how quick you will get one around here :)

Yesterday is now history and tomorrow is a mystery. Treat today as a gift, because that's why they call it "THE PRESENT"
Josh

Hi Lee and welcome, I started after getting my brush and compressor for Xmas, this forum has been invaluable for help advice and tutorials. I am also into cars, I build kit cars for a hobby and restore old classics , once good enough I will look at working on my car panels and maybe my bike tank

Wow!! I never expected so many replies! thank you all. I got my kit yesterday, and just waiting on my wicked paints set now. i spent all day yesterday setting up my spare room ready lol!

Im going to start on canvas then possibly onto t-shirts and eventually car panels (i have a matt black clio - painted badly by previous owner) so will practise on that.

I have 2 x airbrushes, came with a spec sheet.

They say - nozzle diameter 0.3mm, spec - BD-134 BD-134A BD-134B and BD-134C

the second says - nozzle diameter 0.35mm, spec - BD-128

So... first question is.. do these spec means anything to anyone on here? (bear in mind this was only a £120 kit from ebay so only a cheapy)

Second.. the second has a bigger nozzle diameter so im assuming i use the smaller nozzle for fine detail work?

Im now going to watch a bunch of tutorial videos, i think i have some sort of understanding of it all.

Thanks for all the help!

Lee

Wow!! I never expected so many replies! thank you all. I got my kit yesterday, and just waiting on my wicked paints set now. i spent all day yesterday setting up my spare room ready lol!

Im going to start on canvas then possibly onto t-shirts and eventually car panels (i have a matt black clio - painted badly by previous owner) so will practise on that.

I have 2 x airbrushes, came with a spec sheet.

They say - nozzle diameter 0.3mm, spec - BD-134 BD-134A BD-134B and BD-134C

the second says - nozzle diameter 0.35mm, spec - BD-128

So... first question is.. do these spec means anything to anyone on here? (bear in mind this was only a £120 kit from ebay so only a cheapy)

Second.. the second has a bigger nozzle diameter so im assuming i use the smaller nozzle for fine detail work?

Im now going to watch a bunch of tutorial videos, i think i have some sort of understanding of it all.

Thanks for all the help!

Lee

Either can and will do fine detail. Both will also do about the same sized area of large detail too. But being you are just starting out I would suggest starting with the .35 set up.
The letter-numbers is just the models of the airbrush. the .30 and .35 are the nozzle and needle size.
Wicked is a great paint to start with . Super fine detail the nozzle size would be .15, .18 or .20/.23

Either can and will do fine detail. Both will also do about the same sized area of large detail too. But being you are just starting out I would suggest starting with the .35 set up.
The letter-numbers is just the models of the airbrush. the .30 and .35 are the nozzle and needle size.
Wicked is a great paint to start with . Super fine detail the nozzle size would be .15, .18 or .20/.23

Thanks Mr.M

I also have 2 spare needles and nozzles which are 0.2mm and 0.5mm, will these also be used for very fine details?

I just watched the 3 part freehand flames video which is awesome!

I found the wicked brand on this site, it has good reviews so thought id try that out first.

Thanks for the help (and sorry about all the questions! im a pain in the backside!)

Lee

Back