A newbie,very willing to learn!

Hello Lee!! Cant wait to see what you will come up with. Checked out you fb..nice lines in your tats!

thanks for the replies,, didnt expect so many from the uk.

@Meeshell - Thank you,, ive been drawing forever and only tattooing for past 3 years! every new peice of art is a step forward and continually progressing.

Thanks

Lee

Thanks Mr.M

I also have 2 spare needles and nozzles which are 0.2mm and 0.5mm, will these also be used for very fine details?

I just watched the 3 part freehand flames video which is awesome!

I found the wicked brand on this site, it has good reviews so thought id try that out first.

Thanks for the help (and sorry about all the questions! im a pain in the backside!)

Lee

the .5 one of the largest sizes for airbrush , is mainly used in t-shirts . being you do plan on doing t-shirts this will help .
the .2 is great for fine detail . so it sound like you picked up a set that can go from super fine detail on a small surface to large paintings .

the .5 one of the largest sizes for airbrush , is mainly used in t-shirts . being you do plan on doing t-shirts this will help .
the .2 is great for fine detail . so it sound like you picked up a set that can go from super fine detail on a small surface to large paintings .

ok, im getting the hang of it now i think, ive set my compressor to around 15, would this be ok for canvas? ive read that when doing clothing it absorbs quite abit and some people recommend around 50-60. is this correct?

I must thank you Mr.M you have helped me out so much already and always quick to reply to queries!

ok, im getting the hang of it now i think, ive set my compressor to around 15, would this be ok for canvas? ive read that when doing clothing it absorbs quite abit and some people recommend around 50-60. is this correct?

I must thank you Mr.M you have helped me out so much already and always quick to reply to queries!

Call me Herb everyone does... :D
most time I suggest you start to get to know your airbrush and paint .
Granted you will here this a lot but start on dots and dagger strokes. do a lot of them. Run you compressor at around 30 PSI to start. with wicked reduce it 1 part paint to 3 parts reducer.
But remember with wicked you can reduce it 1 part paint to 30 or 100 parts reducer. But that reduced you are running about 2 to 5 PSI..
After you get the feel of how your airbrush responds and get use to dealing with tipdry on certain colors like white. than you can start to play around with the air pressure.

Hope that makes sense.

Granted you will here this a lot but start on dots and dagger strokes. do a lot of them. Run you compressor at around 30 PSI to start. with wicked reduce it 1 part paint to 3 parts reducer.
But remember with wicked you can reduce it 1 part paint to 30 or 100 parts reducer. But that reduced you are running about 2 to 5 PSI..
After you get the feel of how your airbrush responds and get use to dealing with tipdry on certain colors like white. than you can start to play around with the air pressure.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Herb, definately makes sense! appreciate the help.

Hope that makes sense.

Lol I refer to you as Phil when Iim talking about you to my hubbs lol

Thanks Mr.M

I also have 2 spare needles and nozzles which are 0.2mm and 0.5mm, will these also be used for very fine details?

I just watched the 3 part freehand flames video which is awesome!

I found the wicked brand on this site, it has good reviews so thought id try that out first.

Thanks for the help (and sorry about all the questions! im a pain in the backside!)

Lee

I would suggest that you play around with both airbrushes as they are currently set up and do your mandatory dots and daggers. Once you get comfortable with your airbrush set up you could then maybe set up one with the 0.5 set up and use this for applying candies and paint to large areas. set the other AB with the 0.2 setup for fine detail.I will warn you that the consistancy with the chinese AB's is not the same as Badger, Iwata or H&S so you may find that it does not perform as well with the smaller set up (this is what I found with my chinese knock off micron so I went from .2 setup to .3and everything was hunky dory).

I would suggest that you play around with both airbrushes as they are currently set up and do your mandatory dots and daggers. Once you get comfortable with your airbrush set up you could then maybe set up one with the 0.5 set up and use this for applying candies and paint to large areas. set the other AB with the 0.2 setup for fine detail.I will warn you that the consistancy with the chinese AB's is not the same as Badger, Iwata or H&S so you may find that it does not perform as well with the smaller set up (this is what I found with my chinese knock off micron so I went from .2 setup to .3and everything was hunky dory).

Thank You Talla,

I will bear this in mind, i think i will be upgrading my AB in the very near future! i think i like the sound of the badger. Will see how i get on first though

welcome man to this forum, people here are incredible.i will recomend first to practice your aim. do dots, alot of them, so you can develope aim;draw vertical lines and horizontal ones,and in the interceptions paint dots.start at different distances so you can draw your own conclusions. this exercise is fundamental though it doesn´t seem so.hope to see you develope into a great airbrusher.also i´ll like to see your tattoos.
:eagerness:

Back