A question about cleaning...

Ryck

Needle-chuck Ninja
This is another noob question but when I have partially disassembled my airbrushes and cleaned them, do I need to let them dry before I reassemble them?

If you’re not going to immediately use them there’s no harm making sure they’re dry before reassembling and storing

If you’re not going to immediately use them there’s no harm making sure they’re dry before reassembling and storing

Thank you for your input on that. I wish I could find a tiny blower nozzle that would fit my quick connect setup. Then I could dry them out really quick.

This is another noob question but when I have partially disassembled my airbrushes and cleaned them, do I need to let them dry before I reassemble them?
If I have disassembled during cleaning I do tend to leave the parts apart to dry. I don’t think I’ve ever been told that you must. Just something that made sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I do have to break them down for a good cleaning I put them back together wet and just shoot air through them and add some water in the cup to make sure I have all the cleaning solution out of them.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I actually own four airbrushes which amazes me considering all I started out to do was paint my airplane. lol I have the really cheap Chinese one and then the two MA G23 airbrushes that @crazyvet gave to me and the H&S Ultra that I bought.

I really did not think of using one of them as a blower but that makes perfect sense. :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I actually own four airbrushes which amazes me considering all I started out to do was paint my airplane. lol I have the really cheap Chinese one and then the two MA G23 airbrushes that @crazyvet gave to me and the H&S Ultra that I bought.

I really did not think of using one of them as a blower but that makes perfect sense. :thumbsup:
Ha! [emoji23] I wanted to do an Eddie Van Halen pedalboard... now I have paint coming out my backside [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure why they would still be wet after cleaning. I usually will wipe down all parts with a Kleenex or cotton ball prior to reassembly.

I can't imagine that all of the moisture could be removed from the internal parts by just simply wiping the airbrush. I don't mind to let mine air dry when needed.

You can or simply wipe down all of the parts using a clean cloth or tissue prior to reassembly.

Generally if you clean your brushes using a mild cleaner eg Medea Airbrush Cleaner, etc., it won’t harm the brush to have residual traces of the cleaner in it. If you begin immediately using the brush after cleaning you might see small bubbles form around the air valve during operation. This will not affect the performance of the airbrush and is harmless.

You can or simply wipe down all of the parts using a clean cloth or tissue prior to reassembly.

Generally if you clean your brushes using a mild cleaner eg Medea Airbrush Cleaner, etc., it won’t harm the brush to have residual traces of the cleaner in it. If you begin immediately using the brush after cleaning you might see small bubbles form around the air valve during operation. This will not affect the performance of the airbrush and is harmless.

Thank you for your recommendation of the cleaner and for the information. I will look into the cleaner for sure.

I'm lazy bastard so I blow air with my mouth after my airbrush is cleaned. I put my mouth right next to ''behind'' of my airbrush(the part where you put needle in) and I bloooooooow. :D I do the same with nozzles. Got few times reducer on my lips cause of that. It is very weird experience getting reducer on your lips when you blow your nozzle and you didn't flush good enough with water after using reducer:whistling:

Back