A quick message to say Hi

Dean

Double Actioner
Hi all,
My name is dean, I am from the UK I have been airbrushing for 3 years, I started to learn to airbrush after I stumbled across a picture on the web that was airbrushed, I was inspired by the realism and booked myself onto a beginner course and since then I have been hooked.
I have been taught using harder and steenbeck, so have a few of there brushes inc grafo, colani and infinity, but recently decided to try out iwata. I have a hpc plus, but my favourite airbrush has to be the infinity.
I have been a bit slow on painting on different surfaces, mainly painted on canvas and walls, but looking to start painting more custom work on crash helmets and vehicles. Would like to learn pinstripe and gold leaf.
My favourite airbrush artist are Cory saint Claire for hi style of portraits and jurek animal portraits. Dru Blair of course for realism, and custom flames got to be mike lavallee, these guys are an inspiration and would love to be as good as them guys one day.
All you guys art work is great and I look forward to learning new stuff and enjoying the forum.
cheers Deano

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome home Dean , We share some of the same heroes Jurek does amazing work, Dru , What can I say he has gave me a lot of help and answered a lot of questions for me.
Cory is one cool dude and I have to give a shout for Javier Soto as well .
Some of these folks I have met or talk to . But they all inspire others to push themself.
You can do the same effect on metal as far as scratching and erasing . It just takes a softer touch .. But even if you scratch through to the metal it can be a wanted effect.
Look forward to seeing some of your works.

Is golf leaf where they flatten golf balls so they are really thin and applied using size? Just kidding welcome to the forum. I am sure you have a good time here and find tons of knowlege.

Is golf leaf where they flatten golf balls so they are really thin and applied using size? Just kidding welcome to the forum. I am sure you have a good time here and find tons of knowlege.

Now I made you look silly cause I fixed his typo.......LMAO:D But golf leaf is when you through a golf ball in the air and shoot it like skeet :D which in turn makes it part of the leaves.....

Welcome to the forum Dean, whatever you still have to learn the one thing are definitely are not short of is taste, lol, hope to see some of your work soon.

@Micron Man, you are one mean mother, lol, picking on SA like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Golf leafing sounds fun and I am silly so lets all go golf leafing with Dick Cheney

Hey I have plenty of golf balls and shotgun shells so come on over , Through a hog on to roast and make a day out of it:D You can leave old Cheney at home... may be bad enough if monkey man show up he would want to use a fishing rod....LMAO

Welcome to the forum Dean, whatever you still have to learn the one thing are definitely are not short of is taste, lol, hoe to see some of your work soon.

@Micron Man, you are one mean mother, lol, picking on SA like that.

Well I can see where you mind is today :D Your either working in the garden and lost your hoe or just looking for a hoe:D
I pick on everyone :D

Well I can see where you mind is today :D Your either working in the garden and lost your hoe or just looking for a hoe:D
I pick on everyone :D

LOL, I never work in the garden, it's difficult when you live on the fifth floor, LOL, but close, ha ha ha.

I like your excuse for the edit :Reason: bread crumbs in my damn keyboard LMAO...Classic!

It's true, I foolishly try to combine my visits to the forum with my toasted bread and and delicious Dutch cheese breaks, but that a is bad combination, I normally blast my keyboard out with my air pistol, but I'm too damn lazy to carry my laptop to my studio, lol

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home like i do!!!:angel:

welcome deano - from sunny South Africa
How are you finding the Iwatas - and compared to the H&S ?

Hey dean welcome brother! Looking forward to seeing some of your work.....I havnt used iwata or h & s but I do like the look of the infinity, it looks like iron man!

Back