AB Air Regulator. Another type.

Yeah and I'd probably shorten the stem. If I did anything w the knob I would probably just vacuum cast an aluminum one. That would be easiest for me.

I just wonder if the two or three different Chinese types are all bad, or if one of them is actually good and bc they look similar they are all being lumped together. There seem to be two major designs and maybe 4-6 major suppliers with minor variations on the two designs.

For me is opposite situation with the knob. Ss part would be easier to make for me.

As I remember, I've had one type of side knob chinese regulator, kinda six or more. It was from Fengda. Real crap (all of them airleaked) at the time their QD is rather normal. I've had dozens of their QDs and only one was not working normally, just releasing too easily. What I mean is maybe something (certain model from one the factories) of all the things you've ordered will work as expected, who knows. Maybe someone will win the chinese lottery:) There are at least three AB manufacturers in China and one of them maybe manufactures good regulator. But I doubt. The only chinese design that doesn't give any airleak is axis regulator, as I understand from the forum people feedback.
BTW, you need to apply some force to rotate it while regulating the air pressure. That what I like about it, as you wouldn't make any bad to set up pressure just touching by your hand, what can happen with the side knob. I mean not literally touching, but holding the AB with both hands you can suddenly change the pressure with the side knob type. Never happens with an axis type.

Also, I've noticed that some of the cheapostankless regulators seem to have a nut where the stem enters the valve, while others have just a straight collar. @Vladimir do you recall which yours were?
I think maybe the type w a nut might be a little better.

Here's what I have.

Maybe I should play with bigger O-ring by changing one for another sizes. It's just that thing that gives an air leak. But I've already got the thing that doesn't produces headaches:)

mac1.JPG mac2.JPG

Here's what I have.

Maybe I should play with bigger O-ring by changing one for another sizes. It's just that thing that gives an air leak. But I've already got the thing that doesn't produces headaches:)

View attachment 56688 View attachment 56689
Yes, it is the collar type. Point zero, master, and some others are built that way.

Badgers pac valve ( just a Chinese valve) and some other generic ones like the micromark have a nut where the stem enters, similar to the grex. Like this one .
shopping.jpg

I wonder if this makes any difference.....
It certainly a different design ,the threads go all the way up to the knob
I'm sure they don't have fine adjustment, from the badger reviews, but I wonder if the longevity is any better.

Last edited:
Yes, it is the collar type. Point zero, master, and some others are built that way.

Badgers pac valve ( just a Chinese valve) and some other generic ones like the micromark have a nut where the stem enters, similar to the grex. Like this one .
View attachment 56697

I wonder if this makes any difference.....
It certainly a different design ,the threads go all the way up to the knob
I'm sure they don't have fine adjustment, from the badger reviews, but I wonder if the longevity is any better.

Who has that could answer.

One of mine turned up today.

61I3oAmQExL._SL1000_.jpg

I've been away for my Step Son's 40th so I will try to have a mess about with it tomorrow. Although it says quick disconnect, it isn't and your airbrush is screwed onto it. A shame as QD would have been nice.

Lee

Back