About Createx colors

B

Bandit

I have bought the basic colors blue, yellow and red but also black and white now to my question, can I clean my airbrush with water? I asked after airbrush cleaner but they didn't have it right now, what shall I use?

If it is water based paint then water or 50/50 with windowcleaner works well

Tony

I use hot water or windex both work really good.

Cflow785

little bit of washing up liquid and water in a squirt bottle. a bit fumey if you smel it. works great but.

i use dawn detergent, a little alcohol and high pressure, never have any problems

Hi There,
I use the 50\50.... water\ window cleaner mix myself for acrylic paint as I can't get airbrush cleaner either.
The 50\50 is good but be sure to rinse everything after with plain water as the window cleaner can contain Ammonia and this could destroy any rubber grommits on your brush. :encouragement:

Thanx for all advice, s shall try all and be carefull with the Amonnia. :livid:

Same mix here...be sure not to soak with it for two long. Just get it in there and wipe it out and rinse. It will eat the chrome off and rubber seals in the airbrush. All of my cups are chrome free on the inside of the paint cups, they work fine, but they sure looked better and cleaned easier before I let them soak over night in windex...

Same mix here...be sure not to soak with it for two long. Just get it in there and wipe it out and rinse. It will eat the chrome off and rubber seals in the airbrush. All of my cups are chrome free on the inside of the paint cups, they work fine, but they sure looked better and cleaned easier before I let them soak over night in windex...

I agree with ya there properly. I started buying RainX window cleaner. it doesnt have any ammonia in it. If you get airbrush cleaner or even restorer strain them real good so you can reuse them. Paint on

I agree with ya there properly. I started buying RainX window cleaner. it doesnt have any ammonia in it. If you get airbrush cleaner or even restorer strain them real good so you can reuse them. Paint on

I use to disassemble my airbrush after cleaning it and add some oil to the parts.

Back