? about etac paints

R

Rados19

I saw in a post awhile back, that someone mentioned that the only thing they didn't like about the etac paint line was that they seemed to stay a little tacky. I just started using them, and noticed that they do seem to stay tacky. Has anyone else noticed that? Also, which paint has the best coverage? It seems like the white straight out of the bottle doesn't cover as well as I had hoped (using the efx line). What's the best white for coverage? I know that you should go light to dark, but what if you want to do something white on top of a darker color?

In the EFX line I am not sure how to correct the tackiness. The Private Stock you would add the AG 20/50. I can not remember if the 20/50 will harm the erasability of the EFX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just to clarify this issue renember the efx line is re wetable when i painted the glass mirror last summer the mirror remained tacky on days with high humidity if threw air is moist the paint wont dry and if you apply windex to it it will wash away if on a non porous surface if it is humid you almost have to hit it with a blow dryer to dry it properly thain clear it if you want you can add the private stock transparent base to it that will give it private stock properties im not to fond of the private stock its to much like wicked only not as bad i havent had much clog issues or wee splats with it like with clogtex wicked detail. One last thing as fr as painting on canvas paper or enamel primed surfaces like air brush board I have had not to much problems with tacky ness. hope tios helps I have almost exclusively used efx since last year no clogs doesnt dry to an almost impossible to clean hard surface like wicked or ot
ther paints and almost no tip dry

In the EFX line I am not sure how to correct the tackiness. The Private Stock you would add the AG 20/50. I can not remember if the 20/50 will harm the erasability of the EFX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought the AG Modifier could be used with any or the ETAC paints. I've ordered ETAC EFX 3 different times and got a bottle of AG every time.

Thanks for the info. There isn't a problem with humidity. The air is dry as it is winter now. I'm spaying on cold press illustration board, and have no problems with clogging, As hpc-draggin said, a couple drops of condition air, and you're good to go. I have some Createx illustration samples to try. I just don't like the fact that if I get a cat hair or fuzz floating around, they will stick to the artwork. Maybe I'll shave my cat:friendly_wink:. I'll probably give etac a call tomorrow and pick their brain.

its never that tacky go ahead tell chriss air brushing ferret sent you wont get you a discount but they may throw me a ferret treat if i send enough people there way lmao just call them its real awesome paint heck marissa uses it look at her aet work absolutly stuning

ag modifier is some prety awesome stuf im not realy painting tonight just getting ready to finish my beethoven painting sme body wants it at 200 cant pas that up i have to dilute the base collor with transparent base and modifier dont want it to watery mneed fine hair lol

Back