about the trigger control...

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
Here's a silly question, i couldn't sleep last night and this popped in my head. Do you always press the trigger all the way down? or is there some use or effect to not holding it down all the way? Is the effect of intensity only effected by puling back on the trigger and distance?

Pushing down on the trigger, simply turn the air on, so it doesn't matter how hard you press down on it, the air flow will be the same.

I've read that a few engineers have made variable triggers, meaning the harder you press down, the more air you get, but I don't know of any that have actually taken hold with a manufacturer. Its hard enough for me to control the paint flow properly, I think if I had to learn to control the air pressure at the same time, it would just get way to confusing for me.

You can slightly vary pressure with the trigger. But unless you are very practiced at it , consistency will be spotty, better to adjust your air pressure by other means.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Many years ago I thought that trigger control meant you need to control the air as well. I struggled to press the air half way and pull it back but I got it right. I was using a Badger 150 then which has a very gradual trigger. But I gave up trying to do that especially with an Iwata. With an Aztek you definitely can do it.

Many years ago I thought that trigger control meant you need to control the air as well. I struggled to press the air half way and pull it back but I got it right. I was using a Badger 150 then which has a very gradual trigger. But I gave up trying to do that especially with an Iwata. With an Aztek you definitely can do it.

Ha, yea that was i was thinking " If i press this thing down consistently half way, i am controlling this thing like crazy!" I just wasn't sure.

Thanks everybody!

You can slightly vary pressure with the trigger. But unless you are very practiced at it , consistency will be spotty, better to adjust your air pressure by other means.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly. Using the trigger pressure to adjust the air pressure is a pretty advanced technique, and works better with some airbrushes than others. I'd say try it out and play around with it if you'd like. Just keep in mind that it will take a while to get the hang of.

I don't think i am at that place yet to be trying such things. Though i still try it, and wonder why everything looks all stupid, haha.

Back