absolute newbie, aberdeen, scotland

N

noddy6560

i bow my head t you guys, absolutley mind blowing. i have a compressor but my one fear is now buying a brush, will do the searching on here but it`s just making that final decission. i`m no artist, things i`d like to do are t-shirts and just general doodling about. i have a sythetic stock on my airgun which i would like to spray cammo. i also do a bit of pyrography and love doing the shading up parts. but as said where do i start with an airbrush, i don` want to get a starter one and fine i have tosell and buy another, i would buy a middle of the road as i`ll never be good (even secondhand buying is a thought if that is a good idea) but would never venture into expert brushes.
interest are photography, pyrography and flying and hunting my 2 harris hawks.

away to explore this bang top site.

hello to everyone and a very happy new year to you all

noddy
aberdeen
scotland
ALBA GUBRATH

Welcome from the UK, there is lots to learn here. Enjoy :cool:

Welcome home from Indiana , As far as were to start on an airbrush , You have came to the right place. We can offer a lot of advice on that.
For the type of things you want to start out doing , Iwata or Badger airbrushes are both great.
Do you happen to have a dealing in your area?
if so pop on down there and have a look at them.
H&S are also great airbrushes. Mainly stay away from the ebay knock offs . I am sure either Dave Monnig frmo Coast Airbrush or Ken Badger from Badger airbrush company will be happy to help you make your choice.

Welcome to the forum!! I would absolutely look into what brushes and parts are the easiest to Come across in your neck of the woods ;)

Josh

i bow my head t you guys, absolutley mind blowing. i have a compressor but my one fear is now buying a brush, will do the searching on here but it`s just making that final decission. i`m no artist, things i`d like to do are t-shirts and just general doodling about. i have a sythetic stock on my airgun which i would like to spray cammo. i also do a bit of pyrography and love doing the shading up parts. but as said where do i start with an airbrush, i don` want to get a starter one and fine i have tosell and buy another, i would buy a middle of the road as i`ll never be good (even secondhand buying is a thought if that is a good idea) but would never venture into expert brushes.
interest are photography, pyrography and flying and hunting my 2 harris hawks.

away to explore this bang top site.

hello to everyone and a very happy new year to you all

noddy
aberdeen
scotland
ALBA GUBRATH

Hi Noddy from Aberdeen, welcome to the forum.

The first thing I would suggest is to have good root through the forum threads.

But to add to that, from what you describe you would like to do, it sounds to me that you want an airbrush with a medium size nozzle, they start from 0.15mm and go up to 0.5mm anything bigger is more or less a spray gun, I would highly recommend the Neo for Iwata since it is a good beginners airbrush with a 0.35 nozzle, if you choose a syphon feed instead of gravity, this makes it ideal for shirts cos you can change colours quickly if you have extra bottles.

I'm sure there will be other suggestions, but I urge you to stay away from second hand stuff at least until you know what you should looking for, go for something new with a known name so that parts are readily available and you have a guarantee.

If you find something you think suits your needs, run by the guys here first, that will save you no end of grief, and lastly, get involved, become one with the crowd and ask your little heart out, we are a friendly bunch as you will soon see, but, being totally and utterly mental is a prerequisite on this forum, just ask Josh, lol

P.S. what is "Pyrography" is that like blowing up pimped rides that play dodgy music very loud and noisy mopeds? if it is send me instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I forgot to mention, when you buy another airbrush you don't sell the old one, you simply add to your collection since you will find that different airbrushes handle different situations better sometimes.

Also one day you will have more airbrushes than Josh, I have one for each day of the week, but Josh has one for each day in the decade, lol

hey guys thank you for the warm welcolme, starting a new hobby certainly sounds technical and overwhelming i shall do a lot of browsing through the threads and get back to you all. MADBRUSH, pyrography is the art of drawing and shading on wood with a hot wire. bit like a pencil with fine wire point which has a variable heat thermostat. the temp can go from low for light shading to red hot for burning lines etc. look it up on youtube, you`ll love it.

respect guys
noddy
aberdeen
scotland

pyrography is the art of drawing and shading on wood with a hot wire. bit like a pencil with fine wire point which has a variable heat thermostat. the temp can go from low for light shading to red hot for burning lines etc. look it up on youtube, you`ll love it.

respect guys
noddy
aberdeen
scotland

Thanks for that noddy, I'm going to check that our now, but I am just a wee bit disappointed, I thought I was going to learn bomb making, purely for recreational use of course, lol

You were totally on the ball Noddy, I actually do like that.

This is too damn cool, Pyrography art by Jean bouick-04(American Indian) - YouTube

I reckon when spank monkey sees this he's going straight out to buy one, but I'm way ahead of the monkey, because of my model building, I have everything I need to get started except the tool it'self.

Put up some of your work Noddy, I'm curious now.

You were totally on the ball Noddy, I actually do like that.

This is too damn cool, Pyrography art by Jean bouick-04(American Indian) - YouTube

I reckon when spank monkey sees this he's going straight out to buy one, but I'm way ahead of the monkey, because of my model building, I have everything I need to get started except the tool it'self.

Put up some of your work Noddy, I'm curious now.

Wow , I thought wood burning was a lost art , Use to do that back in the late 60's early 70's , You do not see a lot of people doing it anymore.
But I agree with madbrush PJD aka Josh will want to give it a go for sure..

Back