Absolute - total-n00b needs advice please

Hey @Robbyrockett2 ... would I be correct in saying the compressor is 1/4” so it would be the top row !?
giphy.gif

New eclipse is 139 pounds. I was googling around. There are two models of that compressor. Single or double piston.
Description on that link says:
BOTH COMPRESSOR AND AIRBRUSH CLEANED REGULARLY. COMPRESSOR IS FROM 2015, AND HAS HAD ONE SERVICE AND PROFESSIONAL CLEANING BY AIRBRUSHES.COM. SOUNDS LIKE A BEARING IS LOOSENING AND SO MAY REQUIRE ANOTHER SOON. THE AIRBRUSH HAS BEEN REGULARLY LUBED AND CLEANED AFTER USE USING SIMPLE GREEN.

I DON’T HAVE THE WRENCHES THE AIRBRUSH CAME WITH AS NEW.

BOTH ITEMS HAVEN’T BEEN USED FOR ABOUT A YEAR, AND SO MAY NEED SOME TWEAKING WITH BUT BOTH ARE OPERATIONAL AND IN WORKING ORDER.

My guess would be you will need to replace new bearing soon lol But to be honest I don't have a clue. When I am in doubt about compressor stuff I ask on this forum. :D

edit: Wrenches for what? I don't use any wrenches on my eclipse. -.-

I think it's a bargain
But as a total. Newbie with nothing, I think it'd be safer going for new stuff?
Don't know man. You must know I almost pooped my self when my new compressor released air when it was full.... I am really clue less about this stuff. I am praying Robby is around if I need advice about this stuff...

There are people which they know about this stuff, but I haven't seen them lately. Maybe they are on holidays or something...

The link says the listing has now ended, so this is probably a little late.
In my opinion (and that's all it is) when buying 2nd hand equipment I work on a cost of half original plus about 10%, I factor in the cost of replacing wearable parts (nozzles/needles/ bearings/seals etc) quite often the end figure isn't that far off a new one.
with a compressor there is always a danger that it hasn't been properly cared for, has it been run hot for extended periods, did the previous user drain the tank regularly, if not has there been damage caused by the water... …

Compressor I'd probably bite the bullet and buy new, Airbrushes you can get 2nd hand but factor in that you may need a new needle / nozzle. I think many people buy an airbrush and because they're inexperienced it gets a slight knock and damages critical parts, it then doesn't spray correctly and then the user gets annoyed that they're buying parts so soon and then decides they don't need the hassle.

I think it's a bargain
But as a total. Newbie with nothing, I think it'd be safer going for new stuff?
IMO
Its a crapshoot. Often a bargain, often a disaster.
I go back again to knowing how the equipment should work.
Jackies formula is a safe bet, provided you can recognize if something is a little off.
Nothing worse than asking yourself over and over again if theres a problem with your equipment or if youre doing something wrong.

Also, just my opinion but i pretty much hate "airbrush compressors", compared to the new breed of cheap silent compressors they really dont even make much sense to be in the market anymore.

Last edited:
Back