For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Adjustable helmet holder for custom painting, airbrushing or pinstriping needs.

Discussion in 'Airbrush accessories' started by huskystafford, May 22, 2020 at 10:01 AM.

1. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Staff Member Admin Very Likeable!

I was googling lately a lot, cause I was looking for some stuff for my self and I found also this. I was thinking, maybe someone will find interesting as an idea for DIY or maybe even to buy it. You never know. I also do wonder, how you guys set your helmets for airbrushing. Here is a video about it, also link to the product just in case.

https://www.foxystudio.com/product/helmet-holder-for-airbrush-by-teckadesign/
    jord001 and doc1 like this.
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Staff Member Mod Very Likeable!

That’s cool. I’m going to watch this tomorrow morning. I’ve almost worked up the courage to paint one of my Helmets and this would be great.
    jord001 likes this.
  3. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Staff Member Admin Very Likeable!

I was thinking about it, why you don't get used one for practise. I can get them 10 bucks a piece on flee market here. Even less.
    Here is an example 5 euros. I am guessing old used helmets could be used as a subject to train on.
    https://www.bolha.com/celade/celada-zaprta-oglas-888524
    [​IMG]
    SiRoxx, doc1 and jord001 like this.
  4. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

I know how you feel Simon, Husky, we don't see many around unless I suppose you go to a local car boot sale..
    I'm about to retire my current helmet as I've been using it for 18 months now and its done almost 100.000 miles so its got to retire for safety, once I do it I think I will be ok. I feel so guilty about painting it. I've got a new one in the box ready to come out.
    Looking at how that works I think I could make one from 19mm mdf with proper joints and a few bolts thrown in. Not sure about the bit where the helmet sits yet though but I'm sure I have something that will work. Off till Tuesday so may have a look.

Lee
    huskystafford likes this.
  5. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Staff Member Mod Very Likeable!

I have an old helmet that I don’t use anymore, that’s the one I plan on painting. At this point I’m just procrastinating as there’s no reason why I shouldn’t give it a go. As always, it’s only paint and it’ll wipe off!
    huskystafford likes this.