For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

After a course to attend in Sydney Australia??

Discussion in 'Airbrush Courses' started by pcsmart01, May 5, 2012.

1. pcsmart01

pcsmart01 Young Tutorling

Hi all,
    About 2 yars ago I attended a basic airbrush course run by Wayne Harrison of Advanced Airbrush which is located in Penrith NSW Australia. Prior to my attending this course I was always interested and did have an airbrush but my first untrained attempts were a complete balls up so I lost motivation and for years my airbrush sat gathering dust.
    Than one day I was doing a google search for some images and came across some airbrush artwork and was once again keen to try but figured I needed help with the basics so I did a search for airbrush courses in Sydney and came across Wayne Harrison and I booked myself in. I really didn't know what to expect, I barely knew which end of the airbrush to point where and I think a lot of the people in the course I was in had a similar level of experience.
    Then Wayne came in, introduced himself and gave us a bit of a run down on he's experience and some of the projects he has worked on. Based on that and he's obvious skill with an airbrush I thought he may have been a bit up himself, but the opposite was true, he would go out of he's way to answer questions and offer suggestions to help me and my other class mates. He was funny, open and honest and the course was very imformative and it gave me the confidense to not be scared of my airbrush any longer.
    Unfortunately after that course a lot of stuff happened in my life and I didn't have the time to use the airbrush, but now I am ready to start again, mainly thanks to this site and the training I recieved from Wayne I am really motivated to get stuck into it again and I am using the tutorials and downloads from this site but this time I have confidence and all the basics are coming back to me so thank you Airbrush Tutor, who ever you are, and thank you Wayne Harrison.

PS.. Do you run any courses Airbrush Tutor???
  2. OzAirbrush

OzAirbrush Spider Splatterer

Hey pcsmart01,
    I did the same course about 2 years ago also and found Wayne to be very helpful as you say. He does some great work and has a great set up for his work and for airbrush workshops.
    Actually, Wayne had an appointment for some of the Sunday and one of Airbrush Tutor's mates took the class for a while (Chris I think??), he was also a great teacher and helped us with our projects.

I probably wouldn't do it now but if I was starting out again I think the Airbrush Venturi course might be worth a look, I think this is the course Mitch did and from others work i've seen who did the course it has always been top notch.

If I had a venue and enough gear I'd love to run a few workshops, I like teaching and do a bit of training in other areas, I'd do things a little different but I really think you need to do more than one course (i.e. different teachers) so you can get a different approach or method to use and then work out the way you want to work.

I have no doubt that Mitch would run a great workshop too ;)

Cheers,
    Mick.
  3. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

Hi pcsmart :)
    Airbrush venturi courses are very structured and give an excellent start i believe.
    for true creativity and for an artists eye, Wayne can help you unleash this.

Ryan now works at advanced airbrush also, both Chris, Ryan and I at one stage were the Twisted Arts Factory.. so these boys do on off teaching with wayne also as far as i know.
    To be honest, Ryan would now have to be one of the best airbrush artists in the world, his style is becoming very refined and his airbrush control is immaculate.
    I can't speak highly enough of any of them.
    sadly i don't do any courses, as time only permits for the website etc.. but once Mick gets his course up and running hopefully he'll invite me to jump in there every now and again.

so to answer your questions check out airbrush venturi and wayne once again. this is who i'd recommend
  4. RebelAir

RebelAir Air-Valve Autobot!

Couldn't speak enough words to praise them high enough, coming from personal experience they def show'd me which way you have to aim the gun LOL..Honestly I have to admit I did outgrow the instruction's pretty quickly, (but did have quite a few years of art training up my sleeve) but for structure and the way they help out beginners if you can afford to do the courses they offer I'd def suggest it..

Wayne is an amazing artists so if he's offering courses up there I don't think you'd go amiss trying his out..and Mitch if ya have a link to any of Ryans work would luv to suss it out..I'm all up for coming up to Sydney and having a fun afternoon or two with ya's if ya get something going with Mick, might be coming up soon with the Commodore for some show's, as long as a bottle of bourban or two are involved LOL , its the only way I can paint straight, at least till I fall over :)
    airbrushtutor likes this.
  5. ck*

ck* Young Tutorling

6. Stranger375

Stranger375 Young Tutorling

Great find ck :)
  7. ck*

ck* Young Tutorling

yeah man some good stuff in there