air brush Mods

S

shadow2462

Ok I know a lot of more experienced A/B'ers make little mods like cutting handles down, trimming springs, adding height to the trigger, ect. Well today I was cleaning up my work area and changing some things around for comfort so found out this little diddy and thought it might interest some. I have a new Badger Velocity and the trigger is a little stiffer than is comfortable to me since I haven't been A/Bing long so I remember many people saying that they clip / cut down their spring to give the trigger a lighter touch, well I wasn't sure I was willing to cut my spring at this point so I started looking at one of my cheapie brushes I don't use and low and behold the spring is exactly 1 coil shorter and a tad less stiff so I swapped them and tested and wha-la all the comfort of the mod without sacrificing my spring.

Nice one shadow, it's all about being comfortable so if this mod makes it easier to AB then all the better. I have loosened the trigger and installed a softer air spring on my iwata as well as the usual needle polish. That's what works for me.

thanks for the tip.

lee

Found the same , sort of , with my Iwata HP-CH. Felt the valve spring was way too stiff, swapped in the valve spring from my cheapo starter. Now its smooth a hell.

Wind your needle chuck out about 3mm away from the needle chucking nut also and you geta nice light trigger..... sorry probably teaching you to suck eggs there

hey Ad, I worked out with Chuck in the 80's he had a Dojo in hermosa Bch California for a while. That sucker hurt me more than once

Wind your needle chuck out about 3mm away from the needle chucking nut also and you geta nice light trigger..... sorry probably teaching you to suck eggs there

I got that going already. It just seemed the push down for air was a bit too forceful. So I fixed it.

Back