Air brush not spraying well

DDZ37

Young Tutorling
Hi, I'm brand new to airbrushing. My airbrush (The Master G222-SET) hasn't been functioning correctly. I painted with it once (Doing the basic tutorials like painting in grids etc), cleaned it as the instructions stated, and now when I try to use it, the vallejo paints (the ones that are pre-thinned down enough for air brush use), will not spray. I've tried backblowing with cleaning solution numerous times, took the needle out and cleaned it several times, but the paint refuses to spray. Most of the time I just get bubbles in the cup. Sometimes paint comes out, and I only barely managed to do a tiny section of my SR-71 wing before it stopped spraying. When I spray straight distilled water or cleaner through it, it works perfectly fine. It's probably sometimes super simple that I'm missing, could someone help me out? Thanks!

(PS: At one point, bubbles came out of the nozzle cap where it meets the body of the airbrush, but I think I fixed that issue as I haven't had it since)

Sounds like the nozzle is still dirty buddy. That’s normally the main reason for bubbles in the cup, and no paint out the end!

Remember the nozzle is tiny, and even though the needle may go through, it may be clogged around the needle run. If you can get the nozzle off, Id use a wooden cocktail stick soaked in cleaning solution and go from the direction the needle goes, gently rotating it, but don’t press TOO hard. You’ll be surprised at how much will come out.

You may think it’s clean, but I bet it’s not. Another REALLY good clean, especially the nozzle and you’ll be set........

So a couple of things... first off, it's always polite when join a forum to go along to the introductions page and say Hi. Here is the link if you could be so kind... http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Now, could be a blockage, don't just clean the needle but also the nozzle and air cap. Also could be a leak in said threads, apply chapstick or bees wax to the threads then tighten them up, try again.

You can also use the search function here to see what else is posted as this is a common problem.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks a lot mark! I put some chapstick on the nozzle and it's working like a champ now! I cannot thank you enough! And yes, I will be sure to introduce myself :p

Back