Air Pressure

C

Carly

Hi Everyone,
Just registered on the forum and wondered the following..?
When setting the air pressure on the gauge (i.e. just say 15psi) do you set this while pressing down on the airbrush trigger or not.
Thanks,
Carly

Hi Everyone,
Just registered on the forum and wondered the following..?
When setting the air pressure on the gauge (i.e. just say 15psi) do you set this while pressing down on the airbrush trigger or not.
Thanks,
Carly

Welcome to the forum Carly.

And to answer your question, you are correct, when you set your pressure you will notice it drop when you press for air, which if you set it to 15, you'll really get maybe 13 or so, as you said if you press for air while setting, the pressure you see is the pressure you'll get, therefore when you release the trigger you'll see the pressure rise some.

You don't actually need to press the trigger, if you want 15 working, set it to 17 or 18, if that's not enough you can raise it a little.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
make sure you look into the end of your airbrush also, this will help you to adjust the pressue more accurately, especially if there is paint in the gun.

Welcome to the forum Carly.

And to answer your question, you are correct, when you set your pressure you will notice it drop when you press for air, which if you set it to 15, you'll really get maybe 13 or so, as you said if you press for air while setting, the pressure you see is the pressure you'll get, therefore when you release the trigger you'll see the pressure rise some.

You don't actually need to press the trigger, if you want 15 working, set it to 17 or 18, if that's not enough you can raise it a little.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info, was just pointing this out to someone who couldn't quite understand why I was setting it that way.

make sure you look into the end of your airbrush also, this will help you to adjust the pressue more accurately, especially if there is paint in the gun.

Thanks also, gosh and I thought you have to put the airhose somewhere else and then put a straw in your mouth.
The things you learn eh amazing. :p

Thanks also, gosh and I thought you have to put the airhose somewhere else and then put a straw in your mouth.
The things you learn eh amazing. :p
You tried dincha ? :)

Welcome from the UK

That works just ask wolfman his technique, he sticks his needle in nerve endings to test the pressure

another question from beginner.. what is air press2ure setting you guys prefer the most? 15? 20? 25? ar any other number? (in PSI)
sorry if it's hijacked this thread but I don't want to creat new thread as it will come with same title

another question from beginner.. what is air press2ure setting you guys prefer the most? 15? 20? 25? ar any other number? (in PSI)
sorry if it's hijacked this thread but I don't want to creat new thread as it will come with same title

Depending on what your painting determines on what pressure your gonna use. If you are going to be painting a large area (for example: a sky of or background) I would be happy painting at around 27-30psi. If I'm painting fine detail then I like to paint around 15-18psi. I don't have my air compressor set to one PSI of a complete job, I'm always changing to suit my needs.

Also a quick note: Your paint thickness will need to be at different ratio when spraying at different PSI's too.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers, Red

Depending on what your painting determines on what pressure your gonna use. If you are going to be painting a large area (for example: a sky of or background) I would be happy painting at around 27-30psi. If I'm painting fine detail then I like to paint around 15-18psi. I don't have my air compressor set to one PSI of a complete job, I'm always changing to suit my needs.

Also a quick note: Your paint thickness will need to be at different ratio when spraying at different PSI's too.

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers, Red

thanks for the tips :)

Back