Airbrush advice

Cheers for that I'll pencil it in, I've got a chap who's bought a load of createx paint a few years ago with a view to having ago but never did, around 30 bottles untouched, does age have an impact on them or are they worth having... For the right money of course.?

If they are unopened I can't see it being to much trouble but would be worth straining then through a pair of tights first to get any cloggs out and then give them a whizz with a paint stirrer.....you know those battery operated things used to froth up milk? No.....well its similar to one of them!

Thanks for all your help, no doubt there will be plenty more questions to come, at the moment my as186 compressor from KMS has died after a stint last night, I could smell something getting hot, then finally cut out on its thermal protection.
I've got a Clarke air master that I'm rigging up instead now.
I must admit though practice does work after an hour last night I was getting the hang of dagger strokes, just not when and where I wanted them,.... The hard bit I guess.

Well, I've just had to spend all my money on outstanding bills so I am kinda screwed for a compressor now :( mate brought down like 10 compressed air cans and said to try them and my god, as you would expect... there the worst things on this planet... i'd rather blow my own air down the pipe!!!!!

Ah unlucky daniel,! What do you do for a living, you know, with a little plumbing and electrical knowledge you can build your own silent compressor from a fridge motor and an empty gas bottle or similar....

Just took a look at building one, I do no a little about plumbing, and I know a lot about electrics, so it shouldn't be to hard, and for us English folks, we have a site called freecycle which means you could potentially source a decent fridge for parts for free lol. The one question I have is, how do you get the compressor to keep the tank at like, lets say 50 psi?

Pressure cut out switches, from fridge wholesales, I'm a self employed air con and fridge bloke, and I've got a Clarke compressor buts noisy, so I'm looking at chafing the compressor for a fridge one, the only thing that might be a problem is getting the size of the compressor right, as if its punchy one you might get oil migration .
The pressure switches can be preset ones you just screw on or variable ones, so you can change from 50 psi or so up to what the tank you use is capable of storing, in my case 140psi but a decent fridge comp can hit 3-350 psi easily

So, if I understand correctly, I would salvage the compressor AND the tank from the old fridge? and if this is the case, would there not already be a safety cut off? I don't know a fat lot about fridges so I have to ask lol

You can use many things dan and sub, fire extinguishers, the tank from an old boiler.old propane bottles (once properly cleaned) tank from a donor compressor (a broken one for £20) any tank really that has ben pressure tested and certified for around 200 psi plus......you would only be putting 100 in to it but best to be safe......the part from a fridge that you need is in the back of the fridge and pretty easy to salvage its the black pump about 300 x200 mm mount that on your tank a few pipes a few valves bobs your uncle.a few people have posted decent step by steps on here and there is some great videos on youtube...... A good size for your tank is about 25 litre for 1 fridge compressor but you can use 2 compressors for larger tanks

What I'm saying is if you have the know how building that way and combine with a good paint job and you have a comprador for about £70 that loos like and performs like a silent compressor you would pay £300 for .....I'm backward when it comes to plumbing and electrics however

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372952040.188807.jpgwell it's done, I got in touch with bambi and asked how big the compressor was duty wise, 1/2 hp, so I bought a 1/2hp comp and fitted new pipe etc, I had to replace my old pressure switch as it was venting off all the while, but now the oil has been replaced with bambi oil, and it is silent.
It cuts out at 110 psi and I can airbrush for several mins before it needs to top itself.... Quietly

Just ordered my custom micron from Mick Neil at custom paint studio, itching to have a go with it

Back