Airbrush basics

S

Sprzout

In looking over the airbrush hand-me-down that I got from my dad, which came from my uncle, and came from my grandmother after she'd passed away 2 years ago, I discovered that the box had several needles and tips in them, a VL-1, VL-3, and a VL-5.

I've been using the VL-5, because that's what was in the airbrush when I pulled it out of the box, but my question is, "What's the difference?"

Does the VL-1 spray a tighter pattern than the VL-5, or is it the other way around? What should I expect?

Also, should I use a lower air pressure with different needles? I'm currently running around 30 PSI, which, for all I know, may be too high, but it's been allowing me to lay down a nice pearl color in a base coat. :)

Usually, the 5 is the largest. Not sure with yours. 30psi is ok. For me, depends on what im doing, and how reduced my paint is. It all varies from job to job. Sorry couldnt help ya out a little more.

Usually, the 5 is the largest. Not sure with yours. 30psi is ok. For me, depends on what im doing, and how reduced my paint is. It all varies from job to job. Sorry couldnt help ya out a little more.

Actually, that helps. :) Knowing the difference in size/spray pattern, it'll help immensely for knowing what I need to do to get tighter patterns and lines, or whether I want to just lay down a nice large surface area. :)

Back