Airbrush essentials??

M

malcolm

Good day guys

I have read through previous topics but did not find the right answer.
I would recon an eraser is a pretty handy tool to have, but what eraser would best suite my needs.
I work with solvent paints only and on preped metal/plastic surfaces.

I have thought about using P2000 sandpaper but being precise would not always be possible.

And then a Mac valve. My compressors regulator is set at 2 bar, I would guess at the tip of my airbrush it's at about 1,5bar, I have not practiced with different pressures yet. Everybody uses it so I assume there is a need to increase/drop pressure.

Where can I get hold of the correct eraser and a Mac valve in South Africa?

Thanx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malcolm, I have hard and soft pencil style erasers. I also send a battery eraser to Lydenburg today. All shops in JHB are sold out on those but will try and get more. I get MAC valves in every now and again but they are crazy expensive due to the exchange rate. And I try to get good ones because of this.

Last edited:
Flycatchr can get you the H&S mac valve that replaces the normal valve on your Infinity but that is around R850. You can't even say it is there it is so good looking.

Crikey?!?! It's just a normal valve isn't it? I am sure I can get hold of a 1/4" bal valve from work.

You may find erasing solvent based paint doesn't work to well. You may have success on lighter coats but heavier coats will likely be a bit stubborn for erasing..perhaps consider switching to a paint that will better allow erasing if thats what you want to be doing..Etac has a good range of non steadfast paints..In the past I have used a cotton ear bud, dipped in thinners to create a similar erased effect but one slip or drip and you wonder what made you try that LOL..

You may find erasing solvent based paint doesn't work to well. You may have success on lighter coats but heavier coats will likely be a bit stubborn for erasing..perhaps consider switching to a paint that will better allow erasing if thats what you want to be doing..Etac has a good range of non steadfast paints..In the past I have used a cotton ear bud, dipped in thinners to create a similar erased effect but one slip or drip and you wonder what made you try that LOL..

Thanx rebel air. I just might have to consider it. I can get hold of trident. Think I should give that a go.

Skip that ball valve idea. It won't work. Will just have to get a Mac valve.

Back