Airbrush Face Paint

otpowell

Double Actioner
What are some good brands out there for face painting? Can you use regular airbrush paint on the skin? I can't think of a reason why spectra-tex would be bad for the skin.. Then again, i know nothing about this subject. Wicked since its water borne and has solvents might be bad. Anyone have experience with this?

Found some temptu.. Kind of pricey.. I know Michaels sells face paint that you apply with a sponge or something.. I wonder if I could buy that cheap kit and reduce it with alcohol or something and send it through my airbrush? Anyone tried that? I really don't want to try it and find out that it doesn't work or I clogged my airbrush.

Of course I would reduce it before I tried in my brush to make sure my reducer was compatible.. The glass test.

when a little kids skin breaks out in a rash and leaves scarring......... just sayin

Yup, after reading a bit more about this subject.. People are allergic to all types of things.. Some may even be allergic to face paint I'm sure.. Even makeup is bad for skin.

I just did an event for kids and did airbrush tattoos, i went to hobby lobby and bought a cheap 20$ airbrush and their 5$ face paint, watered it down to spray through the gun and it was i hit. I made 100$. I wasn't comfortable with using my normal guns because i spray normal paint that's why i bought the cheep gun.

Just bought some cheap kids elmers face paint from michaels.. I'm gonna try to reduce with water and run through my hp-cs. Thanks so much!

I just did an event for kids and did airbrush tattoos, i went to hobby lobby and bought a cheap 20$ airbrush and their 5$ face paint, watered it down to spray through the gun and it was i hit. I made 100$. I wasn't comfortable with using my normal guns because i spray normal paint that's why i bought the cheep gun.

It's not going to hurt my airbrush right? I don't see how it could since I already spray urethane and water based out of it.. Just personal preference, having different brushes for URO's, water based, and then face paint, right? Once I start making money if ever, I will have all kinds of brushes!

Do not use any paint that is not made for use on skin. There are plenty of good paints out there to choose from. The cake face paints mentioned above should not be mixed with alcohol as they are activated with water. They wash off easily with water (and maybe some soap) The temptu is an alcohol based makeup and is often used for temp tatts that will last several days. I can send you some links to skin safe brands if you want.

Be careful using any paint. I used one that wasn't made for skin and no one broke out or anything. But someone did peel it off and it pulled most of there eye brow off ....it was kinda funny

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What are some good brands out there for face painting? Can you use regular airbrush paint on the skin? I can't think of a reason why spectra-tex would be bad for the skin.. Then again, i know nothing about this subject. Wicked since its water borne and has solvents might be bad. Anyone have experience with this?
haha go ahead lad, why not spray straight uros in the little kids faces....I mean, whats the worst that can happen.........nnooooooo stop! As mentioned already get yourself some proper body paint/airbrush ready face paint,....sure it might be pricey but you are not gonna use it all first time out, might take you a few gos until you stay making any money, but hey it's better than a million dollar law suit

haha go ahead lad, why not spray straight uros in their faces.....I mean, whats the worst that can happen.........nnooooooo stop! As mentioned already get yourself Done proper body paint,....sure it might be pricey but you are not honda use it all first time out, might take you a few gos until you stay making any money, but hey it's better than a million dollar law suit

I have to agree ,right paint for the job. If you want to charge for the work than make sure the work you are doing is worth what you are charging.So the old saying you got to spend money to make money stand true..

Last edited:
I have to agree ,right paint for the job. If you want to charge for the work than make sure the work you are doing is worth what you are charging.So the old saying you got to send money to make money stand true..

....and if your going to " send " money then send it to me lok

Use spectra but just have a disclaimer that says "temporary tattoos (so long as you wash it off before it cures otherwise its semi permanent) only $5"

Lol. Hey there you guys are! I was waiting for one of you to comment on my spectra tex thing.. Lol.. Uro's would look nice on the skin. Some nice khameleon paint would look great! I would be worried a out them breathing the fumes though. Not so much absorption by the skin. Genius I tell you, I don't know how I think of these brilliant ideas. J/K

Plus you don't want that excrement washing off in the rain on the way home....you better get some 2k clear coat

Spend money but hey I with you on sending me money.

Well you said send lol I so would send you some but........yeah

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362703873424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362703873424.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 7
Back