Airbrush for Large and Small Areas

This should be it.
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Blackridge-Air-Spray-Gun-Touch-Up-100mL/340075

I have no idea if this is a store over there or just a mail order place or what.

Also a star .8 Ive heard good things about for something cheap but a but higher on the quality scale.

Single stage lacquers arent exactly picky about what gun you use either

Yes, SuperCheap is a physical chain store over here, so they have stores all across australia so i think we've covered the two major suppliers of generic guns here in Aus. lol

Is dupli-color paint shop commonly available there?
Dupli-Color yes...... an for an actual shop, i dont recall seeing one. but i'm pretty sure both Bunnings and supercheap do the duplicolor

@Atomic_Sheep , Do you have a compressor, if so is it your standard shed type, big and loud or a small airbrushing type.

https://goo.gl/images/ktLQF2
81X8WOGa2WL._SY450_.jpg
No ,this stuff,its just called paint shop. It would be good I think for what hes trying to do, its also easy to get a decent look out of and has more colors than rustoleum auto body.
It wont be super sensitive to trying to spray something big with a small gun either. Tends to melt into itself pretty good

Hmmm...... laquer might be an issue, no booth at this point and for the larger piece i dont think there are plans to do a booth that big.

I'd still go the spray can route, if you prep it properly (cleaning/basecoats/sealers etc it really shouldnt be an issue. Think of the spray can as a throw away airbrush, light coats, allow it to dry naturally and thoroughly (- no heatgun), light sand if needed and spray another light coat, repeat as needed.

Just be aware that the weather can cause issues if its too humid it will take forever to dry properly, so if you are in Queensland you may have time for a couple of beers inbetween coats lol

Hmmm...... laquer might be an issue, no booth at this point and for the larger piece i dont think there are plans to do a booth that big.

I'd still go the spray can route, if you prep it properly (cleaning/basecoats/sealers etc it really shouldnt be an issue. Think of the spray can as a throw away airbrush, light coats, allow it to dry naturally and thoroughly (- no heatgun), light sand if needed and spray another light coat, repeat as needed.

Just be aware that the weather can cause issues if its too humid it will take forever to dry properly, so if you are in Queensland you may have time for a couple of beers inbetween coats lol
I think you're right, Theres really no reason for a bunch of equipment for a one off.
Just have to watch and be picky with cans......often primers are lacquer.....colors are enamel.....clears are lacquer. They dont go well together
If it were cans Id just enamel it and be done with it.

we can get rustoleum and white knight here, primers and colours. Again available at good old Bunnings, the one stop shop. They even have sausage sizzles set up as you leave the shop because you forgot to have breakfast in your rush to get down there before the crowds and you got sidetracked and now its lunch time lol

upload_2018-1-29_12-52-7.png

Got the formalities out the way :).

Answering your questions and elaborating a bit:

The small pieces will be something like this (disregard all the white lettering and markings):
View attachment 52123
Average pieces will be something like this:View attachment 52125

and large pieces will be something like this:
View attachment 52124

I think I'll be painting the things one by one (I doubt I'll be painting more than one object at a time), although small batches of the smaller stuff isn't out of the question.

Judging by the video:

Large areas would be tedious but doable?

Paints, not 100% sure but my basic background research suggests automotive paints because the paint needs to be quite robust and stand up to wear and tear.

What is your definition of a high quality finish?

I haven't started painting yet. By hand would mean using brushes which leave streaks or rollers which leave lint, both are out of the question which is why I'm looking for something a bit more professional.

Damn I wanna try hotas in that cockpit -.-

quite cheap but quality gun... Let others point you in nozzle directions, cause I don't have a clue. I am just getting post numbers so I can get trophies -.-

https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/ani-r150-mini-gravity-spraygun.html#sthash.3rYw5sVX.dpbs
https://thegunman.net.au/ani-r150-t-mini-gun-review/

I wanna thumbs up for australian review! :D

Back