airbrush for spraying a flat patern

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
I was just wondering if there was a badger airbrush that wood spray a flat pattern. I thought those cheap single action brushes did ????

Are you meaning you are looking for a spray pattern that can replicate a spray gun. Known as a "Fan" spray pattern? Looking like a Cats eye..
In which case, I know of no airbrush that will perform this pattern. Its not their design purpose.

If your looking for a Fan Spray pattern Gun of just need a smaller spray coverage. Your looking for a MINI Spray gun. Another name is a Touch up gun.
These Guns have the Side air discharge jets in the Head, that allow the Spray pattern to be altered to the painters needs.

Dan

I believe if you have a Paasche Talon you can get a head setup that will spray a fan pattern.

lee

I bought the fan head for my Mojo III, it's just ok. Really, I don't know why I bought it, I'll probably never have a use for it anyway.

i still have no desire to paint art . However i still love flying rc. I have a small umx carbon cub that has flaps ailerons the whole 9 yards. the problem with e flight planes is that if you pull off any of the factory tape off goes the paint or if you apply tape and pull it off off goes the factory paint , so i found out if I apply a light film of finishing epoxy with a rag and wipe off all execs with a rag . I can give the foam a light coat of adhesion promoter then a coat of hok orion silver metallic then the foam wont melt . I could use ratle can silver enamel but it looks like cr*p . the orion silver looks awesome. but it should be clear coated . enamel does n,t work nether does laqueer . I don't even really need to clear it . its not like the damn thing is going to be sitting in the sun. and im not even sure how the clear 2 part is going to efect the epoxy covered foam, the plane is about 2 to 3 oz . i purchased all new parts and i plan to re enforce them but it would be nice to give this thing a proper paint job ,. and yes the plane will fly fine ith extra weight . I already feel its to light and would probably fly better a bit heavier .
I already sprayed clear two part with my work horse infinity with no problem . in fact i did several boat repairs with it it sprays clear 2 part no problem. just not over powder coated aluminum. just i wish I had a super fine spray gun that sprayed a small fine fan pattern. without having to get a 300 dollar gun from iwata. my painting days are done. and i wont have any need for an expensive gun once i am finished with this project.
the people around here dont seem to want to pay to have anything done . work is scarce. so no fancy guns
the yelow on the silver fuselage was just yelow enamel , I was thinking of just painting it cub yellow. the other plane is my fully modified radian i re enforced the wings and glassed the top wings with 1.5 oz glass then painted everything so i can see the plane when its at 2000 feet lol i can take it straight down at full seed pull into a tight loop and no wing flapping , also it climbs vertically straight up like a rocket

Attachments

• radian1.jpg
    radian1.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 14
  • radian2.jpg
    radian2.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 15
  • carbon cub1.jpg
    carbon cub1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 13
  • carbon cub2.jpg
    carbon cub2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
  • cub1.jpg
    cub1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Mate, i don`t spray anything larger than a helmet. If i want to cover a large area i use my Paasche vl suction feed . You can get great coverage with it if you adjust your distance off the surface accordingly. No trouble covering the entire helmet pretty quickly. Cheers.

I absolutly HATE MY PAASCHE VISION!!! 2 Days ago, that POS, pissedme off so bad, Im sure the neighbors down the road heard me swearing so bad, made sailors blush!! God I was PISSEDOFF. Sending that back to Dennis, see what he can do with it

i had a badger 150 that never worked almost made me quit from the big inning . although many people love them perhapse its a similar situation

Badger Anthem or mini spray gun as suggested may be a better thought...

Last edited:
Preval also makes an airbrush for a flat pattern spray... not tried it and i think its made by paasche, but its a large needle.

T
Preval also makes an airbrush for a flat pattern spray... not tried it and i think its made by paasche, but its a large needle.

Thats run off Charged canisters isnt it? Made for home body work and such. But you mix your own pant as a bonus. Havnt heard that name for years now. Good idea if its still available.

Saying that. I believe some Auto Paint shops offer Pressure packs (Rattle can to some) with your intended paint mix added.

Dan

i may as well get a can of spray max which is awesome stuff but the paint comes out real heavy. I am just trying to clear hok orion silver on a wee little plane that has a flying weight of aboot 2 or 3 ounces. I was hoping there would be an actual air brush that sprays a 1" fine fan patern . It looks like i might scrap the project, leave the plane stock , re enforce it here and there and try not to hit any blades of grass on lansding.
the whole point was to re paint the thing with the hok and it would be way more reflective in the air and the red parts would look awesome with a nice glossy coat pluss it wouldn't look like cheap foam, its a real cool plane on calm days with no wind i like to try to see how close i can fly by to check out how real it looks.
i can always just scotch tape over the silver or just use some wicked soilver . I have a whole 2 oz bottle. I bought a whole bunch of paint before i gave up airbrushing

the plane in question is the red an silver one in the cub 1 jpeg. the other one is my over powered fully modified raadian that flise more like a fighter plane then a glider that thing would fly if i covered the wings and fuselage with 2.5 oz glass and a can of spray max heres a cool video of it I didn't stay up to long the day was very hot its not usualy so hot here most of the time its cloudy with t storms I have another wing for it with the wing tips are full flyoing ailerons that mod took me a week. this one has an over powered motor and a full flying elevator at the end of the vid i was trying to hover it but it was to windy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was hoping there would be an actual air brush that sprays a 1" fine fan patern .

Yer not sure on the one inch spray pattern but the anthem goes to 3 inches on its standard needle ;) so may be too wide for you LOL, but yer rattle cans are easy enough and prob better for the job.

T

Thats run off Charged canisters isnt it? Made for home body work and such. But you mix your own pant as a bonus. Havnt heard that name for years now. Good idea if its still available.

Saying that. I believe some Auto Paint shops offer Pressure packs (Rattle can to some) with your intended paint mix added.

Dan
They have the canned system, but they make an actual airbrush as well that can run off both. Was desigbed for auto touchup

Back