Airbrush headace

S

Slowmow

Airbrush headace - Solved

I got myself an aircraft SGA-130 airbrush, but its a pain to spray any paint out of it even clean water if its not 100% clean.

It will spray for ± 45 seconds and then would refuse to spray at all until I took of the needle cap and nozzle cap or if I don't take it off it will spray a huge "blop" (is there even a word like that?) only when i pull the trigger all the way back, even with the needle cap off.

I find that if I take the needle cap and nozzle caps off I could spray for as long as I need or until I get dry tip.

I search the forum but could not find the same issue (maybe I did not use the right words in the search).

Can anybody give me advice as what to do?

Would it be possible to drill the Nozzle cap hole a bit bigger to solve my problem?

Yes gravity got hold of the airbrush and I did bend the needle cap back in to shape, but the problem were there before gravity pulled its cruel trick on me.

SAM_1815.jpgSAM_1822.jpgSAM_1823.jpgSAM_1826.jpgSAM_1828.jpgSAM_1838.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh... Looks like that airbrush is a knockoff Iwata. Which is a typical beginner airbrush. These knockoffs are notorious for being hit or mis in the quality department.

From the pics, even with the ding, all seems to be lined up ok,and should have plenty of room to spray . You said the issue was there before you dropped it. Otherwise I would say damage from dropping it was the cause.

Any idea what the nozzle size is?

What air pressure you are spraying at . Did you set your regulator with air flowing through the airbrush. What paint are you spraying . Is it reduced. These things can help us diagnose your issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Slowmow i am sorry to say this but i must agree with Wmlepage its look exactly like mine in a blue plastic box and look nice but not work so good only different is my is side fed and not gravity but still a cheep nook of from yea where ever thy make them it cant spray, mine was function but if i compare with my badger krom then is it like i put paint in a bucket and threw it on the wall you cant compare it i know there is people here that actually have this cheep airbrush and they work for them maybe its like a lottery if you are lucky its functions well and then you are lucky.
i hope you salv it becasue don't let this stop you from keep spraying its fun and so cool to see how you progress and learn more and more i am completely thrilled
cheers Alf:triumphant:

Yes, I think it is a bit of a lottery when it comes to budget [cheap?] airbrushes.
I have a Veda 180 [iwata copy?] and one I bought from Supercheap Autos.[Same thing? only without mac valve!]
Both are temperamental buggers, but when behaving operate ok.
Not ever having used a BRAND NAME one, I really don't know the difference, but I assume there is a big one.
I hope one day to be able to afford one [if she who must be obeyed, says so.} lol.
Thanks
Splasha

Uhh... Looks like that airbrush is a knockoff Iwata. Which is a typical beginner airbrush. These knockoffs are notorious for being hit or mis in the quality department.

From the pics, even with the ding, all seems to be lined up ok,and should have plenty of room to spray . You said the issue was there before you dropped it. Otherwise I would say damage from dropping it was the cause.

Any idea what the nozzle size is?

What air pressure you are spraying at . Did you set your regulator with air flowing through the airbrush. What paint are you spraying . Is it reduced. These things can help us diagnose your issues.

The nozzle is 0.3mm, I'm spraying wit air pressure from 20psi to 45 psi with the air flowing through the airbrush. The paint I'm using is Dala Sun Colour, no need to reduce it (I think) as it spray the same reduced or not.

Sorry to say, sounds like the airbrush is the issue, probably poor quality control. Can't say it enough , a quality brand makes for less frustration, badger, Iwata, harder& steenbeck, Grex, Paasche, devillbiss , sata, and maybe 1-2 more. Yes many if theses are not the cheapest, but some can be had for a reasonable price, or even purchased used. I was one of those that bought a cheap airbrush from Amazon, threw it across the room after 3 weeks, then bought a badger patriot 105. Once you have a known , working, well set up, quality airbrush. Then it comes down to learning your paint and it's characteristics, how to correctly reduce it, and use air pressure accordingly, and of course trigger control. And many hours of practice.

Hi Slowmow,

I believe you may be having the same problem I had with my Master G-22, which looks just like your airbrush. Have a look at the bottom of this page. Try removing that rubber o-ring between the head and the body and see if it helps.

Don

Hi Slowmow,

I believe you may be having the same problem I had with my Master G-22, which looks just like your airbrush. Have a look at the bottom of this page. Try removing that rubber o-ring between the head and the body and see if it helps.

Don

Thank you for the advice, I will try it next time I airbrush again.

or if you want too spend a bit of cash and want a nice detail gun get a krme and com art paint .lol and all the problems will go away. you pick up the air brush you add the paint you press down the little button pull back and paint lol I seem to clean all my guns before i paint and after and they seem to work like a million dollars

Hi Slowmow,

.... Try removing that rubber o-ring between the head and the body and see if it helps.

Don

Thank you so much. Cant belief that a small O-ring can cause my airbrush not to spray.

Removed the O-ring and thinned the paint even more and it feels like a different airbrush

Glad to hear it's working for you. The nozzle has to stick out just a tiny bit past the head or you won't get good vacuum to draw paint.

Don

Back