Airbrush holder $12.99!

Cuda

Hot Glue King.
Just got back from Harbor Freight and picked up a couple airbrush holders for $12.99 ea. Not to bad since these sell from $19.99- $29.99 online.

Attachments

• abholder.jpg
    abholder.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 108
  • abholder2.jpg
    abholder2.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 80
What you only bought 2 , Man you need to get like 10 of those things cause before long you and the MIA monkey man will be having a competition of who has the most airbrushes....

Oh forgot if they have a gold plated one get that just for the Micron:D

I still have my old one in the back of the pic and ones up about 2 feet you can't see lol!! Couldn't afford the gold one so I'm thinking bronze will have to work lol!

It's ok herb he's got another on the bench there aswell.... He's good for at least another 4 brushes. ... That will serve him well for at least another fortnight

It's ok herb he's got another on the bench there aswell.... He's good for at least another 4 brushes. ... That will serve him well for at least another fortnight

I love the word 'fortnight'. I think we should bring it back into everyday conversation. I'm jealous cuda, my airbrush holder cost me half a roll of electrical tape and some wire from a political sign stuck in the ground (I did the wire a favor...way more useful than holding a political sign:eek-new:). But, I am thinking of throwing some gold leaf on it.

Is it me, I just do not like the plastic holders, my badger brushes do not fit them well. Ok I use my iwatas more now. I make my own. 1 small block of wood, 2 large coated cup hooks, good to go. I have a pair if thse attached to my easel and 2 I made from 3" PVC that sit on the bench. Yeah i'm cheap about things like this. Brushes on the other hand....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heck as long as it works go with it. I prefer the ease of just screwing these down with 2 screws and I'm done.

I get bored at work. Lol! The 2 PVC ones I made on the clock.

I get bored at work. Lol! The 2 PVC ones I made on the clock.

Now you sound like me. I get bored and use the machine to cut some free hand shield that I layout in Autocad,
Or go back to the tool room and custom make plexiglass canvas holders ..
Nice to be able to do things like that.

Good deal, however, I think it would be much nicer if I could convince someone to just stand there and hold them for me. If they happened to be gorgeous, it couldn't hurt Lol!

Is it me, I just do not like the plastic holders, my badger brushes do not fit them well. Ok I use my iwatas more now. I make my own. 1 small block of wood, 2 large coated cup hooks, good to go. I have a pair if thse attached to my easel and 2 I made from 3" PVC that sit on the bench. Yeah i'm cheap about things like this. Brushes on the other hand....

Yeah, same here. I put my Badger's on the top and either my H&S's or Iwatas in the plastic holders on the side.
I may need to buy another one though, sometimes 4 brushes at a time just isn't enough. :highly_amused:

Good deal, however, I think it would be much nicer if I could convince someone to just stand there and hold them for me. If they happened to be gorgeous, it couldn't hurt Lol!

Well excrement, guess I'm out...

Bit off topic noob question, on the first picture all the airbrushes have their back covers off. Do people use airbrushes this way and if so why?

Bit off topic noob question, on the first picture all the airbrushes have their back covers off. Do people use airbrushes this way and if so why?

Some people do. I prefer to have the cover on because the needle chuck hits the inside of my hand. It causes me to have inconsistent trigger action.

Some people do. I prefer to have the cover on because the needle chuck hits the inside of my hand. It causes me to have inconsistent trigger action.

What's the point of taking it off though?

Might be a comfort thing, might be a throwback to the days that the handle didnt have cut outs, who knows .

What's the point of taking it off though?

I never found one, I'm sure Cuda will answer. The only possible reasons I can think of is quick access to the trigger spring adjustment and the needle to clear nozzle blockages.

With the back end off, if you happen to drop your brush, you are almost guaranteed to bend the needle and more than likely flare your nozzle.

I've got a similar one but that clamps to the desk. It also has the plastic head grippers. I took that off and don't use it at all. For starters you run the risk that if you are not using a needle cap, you can bump you needle against the edges and side feed does not fit. A local supplier stick his logo on the packaging and sell them for $40. I bought my unbranded one for $10 in a local tool shop.

Back