Airbrush hpc .3m not spraying

N

newkid

I bought an iwata hpc .3m I've had problems with it not spraying paint. After about 3 minutes of airbrushing at about 30psi, paint wont come out when I pull back for paint. Immediately I think TIP DRY! So I wipe off the paint off the needle and try to spray but nothing comes out. I take it apart and clean it and it still doesnt spray liquid, just lots of air. If i put the tip very close like a few milimeters away from my skin or the paper then fluid will come out. but very little. even if i take the needle pulled back fully out of the tip so that my needle isnt controlling fluid then it still does the same thing no matter if i try to run paint, water, or cleaner through it. Last night I soaked the entire thing taken apart in a cleaner and water mixture cleaned the peices. still no luck. only sprays if its just about touching the surface or touching the surface.

I found a great video on YouTube - how to clean an airbrush - airbrush tv.
It seem to me you my have dried paint in the tip, not the needle, but the tip. A

with the airbrush put together , Try holding your finger over the needle cap so the air back flows into the cup. You may have a chunk of paint blocking the nozzle path that is not allowing the paint to pass through.
Another thing to check is the tension on the needle bearing. when you insert the needle just pass the trigger you should fell tension where the needle hit the needle bearing.
Also what paint are you using and what reduction are you using?
If it is waterbased paint buy some Restorer made by createx and soak the nozzle in it for about 30 minutes. while it is soaking put the needle in and out of it while in the solution and watch how much old paint comes out.
if it is Uro base than just soak the nozzle in reducer over night .

I am using Createx opaque white with water and a bit of createx airbrush cleaner. when i do the back flow thing with my finger over the tip it forces lots of bubles up into the cup. which i assumed meant i had descent flow through it. and i can feel that slight bump you were talking about when putting in the needle.

I am using Createx opaque white with water and a bit of createx airbrush cleaner. when i do the back flow thing with my finger over the tip it forces lots of bubles up into the cup. which i assumed meant i had descent flow through it. and i can feel that slight bump you were talking about when putting in the needle.

25% alcohol 75% water is a good home made reducer. do not mix the cleaner into the paint it is made to clean not reduce.
Createx . 1 drop paint to 5 drops reducer @ 30 PSI should work well. But it sounds like you have way to much paint built up inside the nozzle , Soak it in the airbrush cleaner over night and see if that makes a difference.

I soaked the nozzel inside the createx cleaner untill now. My airbrush still wont spray liquid. I put my mouth to the cup with cleaner in the cup, pulled the needle all the way back and if i forced air into the cup while the airbrush was on and the needle was pulled back then i got a full spray of cleaner coming out the end but as soon as i stopped blowing in the cup it would stop spraying. I havent even had this brush a month and have cleaned it after each use. Whats going on?

Nozzles are sneaky tricksy little buggers. Look inside it with a magnfying glass. You might think it's clean, and to the naked eye it may even look clean, and giving it a very gentle poke with a trimmed ****tailstick, or if you're very careful the needle, may not reveal anything.....at first. Then hey presto a little worm of gloop! I don't know how or why it hides, but it does.
Also Mr Micron mentioned the needle bearing, you could try adjusting the needle packing screw, it is a screw right down inside the body of the brush, try turning it a quarter turn and see if it gets better or worse.

I cleaned the nozzel with the needle, nail polish remover, and q tips and even those GUM cleaners like the guy did in the video mentioned. I have taken it apart probably 50 times cleaning it soaking it cleaning it and even adjusting the packing screw. it just simply wont spray unless i blow in the cup. which doesnt make sense to me since i get tons of air coming out when i press down for air. I did get wormies out with the needle. and every time i thought yay its going to work now! then pure disappointment :(

If you've had the airbrush less than a month then there should be some kind of guaranty with it.....I would be taking it back....:)

Sounds like you've done everything possible, so I would send it back, tell them all the problems and what you've done to try and fix them, it may be a manufacturing fault. They will probably want to test it, if it is faulty they will replace it, or the part concerned, and if there isn't then they will get it working for you, so at least you will start from a clean slate whatever, when it somes back. Unfortunately it will take time. Really frustrating I know, I had issues with a Devibiss dagr, and it just sucks when all you want to do is paint, and you are waiting. Try and get them to commit to a time frame, so at least you'll know where you stand.

Back