airbrush info spreadsheet

D

donec

I don't know if this is the right place for this.

As a newbie my self I have been trying to gather some information about airbrushes and have made a spreadsheet showing the info to help me decide which would have the features I want.

I thought I would share this information so...
airbrush info1.png

Also if anyone wants the xls file just pm me and I will provide it. If anyone can add to this information please let me know and I will update the spreadsheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
good work donec - If I may - parts availability also seems to me (from sunny South Africa) very area/region dependent as well, would it work to add an 'A' to the number if that is the case? and please add the infinity :)

good work donec - If I may - parts availability also seems to me (from sunny South Africa) very area/region dependent as well, would it work to add an 'A' to the number if that is the case? and please add the infinity :)
Thanks Flycatchr. The rating for parts is really from my perspective as to how easy it is for me to get parts. I can see no way to figure availability from other places. I figure if they are available to me via the net then they may be available to others the same but no way really to tell. The Infinity is going to be much the same as the Evolution Silverline but a little better and more expensive. I am updating the original post to include the Infinity.

from my perspective - the H&S are 45 min drive away from the importers who seem to have ALL the spares, badger isn't readily available for spares, other than ordering through amazon so delivery up to 10 days, iwata WAS supported by a company literally in my suburb, but afaik they don't import much anymore, and AndreZA will have more idea than me about the Iwata. maybe others have an idea on availability - OR if you specify that its in the states, that solves all the problems of different areas :)

from my perspective - the H&S are 45 min drive away from the importers who seem to have ALL the spares, badger isn't readily available for spares, other than ordering through amazon so delivery up to 10 days, iwata WAS supported by a company literally in my suburb, but afaik they don't import much anymore, and AndreZA will have more idea than me about the Iwata. maybe others have an idea on availability - OR if you specify that its in the states, that solves all the problems of different areas :)
Changed it to read parts via B&M & online in central Texas. Seems to me parts should be about the same for most places via online even though there are some places that full internet access is not available. Like countries blocking access.

nicely done donec :)
peeps like you make the world a better place

edit - some of amazons sub sellers wont deliver to odd places like SA, fortunately most badger parts seem ok :)

Great spreadsheet donec. I did one similar when I first started airbrushing and it helped me a lot!! I believe, and correct me if Im wrong, donecs just trying to show everyone what he has done and would gladly send you the file where all you would have to do is research the availability of the parts and cost in your area to complete your own sheet, which is very handy!!! I even went as far as putting drop down boxes on mine that had the vendors that were most affordable and vendors that had quicker leadtimes, just for my reference when I would go to reorder parts it was handy because most of the major suppliers were several states away and freight would always add up quick, so I sourced some "Ma and Pop Shops", as we call them here in Oklahoma, that were within driving distance, then when the drop down box pulled up, it had a link to their webpage so I could just click and order!!! I may have to pay a lil more for the part, but it ended up being cheaper without the freight!! The Badger Patriot and Badger Sotar may be another to add as they are quite popular as well. Anywhoo, just a few things I did. I would post my spreadsheet but its in computer heavy with my old computer that I used to never do a Back Up on so I lost everything and haven't made another one yet, lol.

donecs just trying to show everyone what he has done and would gladly send you the file where all you would have to do is research the availability of the parts and cost in your area to complete your own sheet, which is very handy!!!
That is correct and my spreadsheet is by far not difinitive at all it is just the brushes that struck my fancy as I went looking and thought would work for me.
I even went as far as putting drop down boxes on mine that had the vendors that were most affordable and vendors that had quicker leadtimes, just for my reference when I would go to reorder parts it was handy because most of the major suppliers were several states away and freight would always add up quick, so I sourced some "Ma and Pop Shops", as we call them here in Oklahoma, that were within driving distance, then when the drop down box pulled up, it had a link to their webpage so I could just click and order!!! I may have to pay a lil more for the part, but it ended up being cheaper without the freight!!
That is a much more complicated spreadsheet than I did but I am sure it made your desisions much easier due to the organization.
The Badger Patriot and Badger Sotar may be another to add as they are quite popular as well.
I can't add all the brushes but anyone that wants the actual spreadsheet to customize for their on desires is welcome to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely handy to have the information handy for what airbrushes would fit what you're looking for, along with what features which ones have. But (and there's always that "but") it's important to remember that the "winner" on paper might not actually be the best airbrush, or the best airbrush for you. Just as an example, look at two airbrushes that, on paper, are very similar, the Olympos HP100B, and the "Master" G26. Both share a similar general design. Both have small, "B" sized color cups. Both have .2 nozzles. The G26 even has a few features the Olympos doesn't, like a needle backstop, and a cut-a-way handle. It also costs WAY less, and parts are easily available through TCP Global. With the Olympos, on the other hand, you HAVE to order one from either Europe or Japan, and the only way to get genuine parts is to order them from overseas, as well. And the parts, and shipping, are far from cheap. On paper, the Master seems like a smarter buy. But, Olympos is legendary for their extremely high quality, and the HP100-B is one of the airbrushes that got them that reputation. They make the Iwata HP-B seem like a "Chevy" to the Olympos "Cadillac". Olympos spares no expense on materials or machining, so every needle and nozzle are impeccable, AND last a long, long time. They are really some amazing airbrushes. The owner is himself an airbrush artist, and has insisted from day 1 on making the best, no-compromises airbrushes. Long point made short, some things aren't quite so easily quantified. I certainly don't mean to belittle your effort by any stretch. You're obviously putting thought into your equipment, which is definitely a good thing. And that you're willing to put in some extra effort will pay big dividends in your artwork. I just wanted to add another perspective for your consideration. I'm not saying "go buy an Olympos" (although I certainly wouldn't discourage it), just that there are more ways than one to evaluate an airbrush ;-)

It's definitely handy to have the information handy for what airbrushes would fit what you're looking for, along with what features which ones have. But (and there's always that "but") it's important to remember that the "winner" on paper might not actually be the best airbrush, or the best airbrush for you.
Thanks and you are correct what shows on paper should not be the answer but what is on paper can clear the field of brushes that would not work for the intended purpose.
Just as an example, look at two airbrushes that, on paper, are very similar, the Olympos HP100B, and the "Master" G26. Both share a similar general design. Both have small, "B" sized color cups. Both have .2 nozzles. The G26 even has a few features the Olympos doesn't, like a needle backstop, and a cut-a-way handle. It also costs WAY less, and parts are easily available through TCP Global. With the Olympos, on the other hand, you HAVE to order one from either Europe or Japan, and the only way to get genuine parts is to order them from overseas, as well. And the parts, and shipping, are far from cheap. On paper, the Master seems like a smarter buy. But, Olympos is legendary for their extremely high quality, and the HP100-B is one of the airbrushes that got them that reputation. They make the Iwata HP-B seem like a "Chevy" to the Olympos "Cadillac". Olympos spares no expense on materials or machining, so every needle and nozzle are impeccable, AND last a long, long time. They are really some amazing airbrushes. The owner is himself an airbrush artist, and has insisted from day 1 on making the best, no-compromises airbrushes. Long point made short, some things aren't quite so easily quantified.
The spread is not to make the decision but more for the process of elimination.
I certainly don't mean to belittle your effort by any stretch. You're obviously putting thought into your equipment, which is definitely a good thing. And that you're willing to put in some extra effort will pay big dividends in your artwork. I just wanted to add another perspective for your consideration. I'm not saying "go buy an Olympos" (although I certainly wouldn't discourage it), just that there are more ways than one to evaluate an airbrush ;-)
Thank you for adding a different view on it since I posted it to try and help others facing the same challenges and I am sure that adding the other points of view will only aid to their decision making.

Back