Airbrush medium and flow aid

It looks like the medium reduces the workability of the paint.... definitely am going to test the comart and CI trans. I'll do some on clayboard,yupo and poster board and post the results of straight comart, comart with CI and water and possibly comart with CI and 4011/4012

Also, looks like the medium slightly skewed the color. Looks darker on the paper but lighter in the cup. I have to add that I had no tip dry at anytime with either set. Shot at 15-20 psi through my Iwata hp-sb plus

334f2b4d9238c623351bd1fc3334708b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey if you want avoid this color shift from wet paint to dry use Holbain Aeroflash Colorless or Holbain Acrylic Ink colorless they are slighty diferend but again they dont shift paint color in the cup...

What do the holbain colorless do? I'm guessing its a trans base?

What do the holbain colorless do? I'm guessing its a trans base?
Yes it is polimer dispersion, but its clean like water very liquid an its keep greate line. Although in my opinion brands should not be mixed since they are designet from specific polimers . Thats mean i dont like mixture let say GHF with this medium and vice versa ( Holbain Acrylic Ink whit Golden transparent extender).Especially if fine line is desired and proper flow. But still its just my opinion.

Maybe a little more information like what paint do you use it with? Do you use the recommended ratio of 10-20%?
Does it effect adhesion to hard surfaces or the ability to scratch or erase?

Back