Airbrush needle and nozzle question.

S

silversson

Hello all,

I just broke the nozzle on my airbrush. (Iwata Eclipse HP-CS)
Ordering new is a bit tricky I noticed.
So some questions.
On the internet it says that my airbrush comes with a Nozzle of 0.3mm and needle of 0.3mm.

Are these brand specific? Or can I buy any needle of 0.3mm and any nozzle with 0.3mm?
Brain sais that yes get Iwata for your Iwata.
Also can the needles missmatch? Brain sais no. 0.3 needle for the 03 nozzle.

I'm in Germany so if you guys have tips on where to order from I would appreciate it :)

The Iwata HP-CS Eclipse is a .35 needle and nozzle. Get Iwata parts, make sure they are in an original package, knock off parts are out there and not of the same quality.

I-604-2. Nozzle
I-617-2. Needle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You have to buy brand specific and also regarding the .3 nozzle of the Eclipse, you buy it complete as a unit and.not just the little tip.

Guys thanks for the replies :)

Ahm is it 0.3 or 0.35?

And I just broke that little tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't put an H&S needle into an Iwata if that's what you mean, if you have an Iwata airbrush you have got use Iwata parts, you also have to be sure that when you order a new nozzle it does fit your model, I don't know if each of Iwata's nozzle fit every model so you need to make sure the one you order is specific to your model.

I know you can order from here in Holland at Lion Art Iwata HP-C or at Airbrush Services Almera AIRBRUSH SERVICES ALMERE - Airbrush Services Almere

I can tell you that delivery is swift from both, however, maybe one of our other German members can tell you where to order in Germany.

Yeah :) Ordered a new needle too.

Just opened the thing up to clean it and it just broke. Spent good part today getting the rest of the nozzle out...
Everyday seems to be a school day.

One thing I think should be stressed to all beginners (lesson learned from experience) no matter how much you spend on your equipment.....remember they are TOOLS and should be treated with extreme care and of course the more expensive the tool the better care is needed. Unfortunately this is an area where you get what you pay for, and where buying th absolute best you can afford can be a turning point where a lot of people tend to give up from unnecessary problems due to inferior equipment. No tradesman, craftsman, artist can afford to ill treat their tools because they are their livelihood. Even though this may only be for fun or hobby the same care should be taken. Hell I treat mine like they are made of gold. lol ****** keys to a good start are : do plenty of research, buy the right tools for what you intend to do, and always try to stay with a quality name brand (Iwata, Badger, Harder & Steenbeck, Paasche, ect,.) Paints are a wide range also: textiles=shirts, materials... Illustration=portraits, general art... Automotive=cars, trucks, bikes, metal. There are paints made and or especially suited for each application and some overlap to apply to most/all.

Yeah :) Ordered a new needle too.

Just opened the thing up to clean it and it just broke. Spent good part today getting the rest of the nozzle out...
Everyday seems to be a school day.
Not sure I understand this. The .35 nozzle in the cs floats.how did you have trouble removing it?
Welcome to the madness Kurt

Not sure I understand this. The .35 nozzle in the cs floats.how did you have trouble removing it?
Welcome to the madness Kurt

The new ones actually have the brass base as usual. And a screw in nozzle. Why? Who knows. I believe you get both pieces when you buy one. Maybe they find this to last longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back