Airbrush overload....

twood

Air-Valve Autobot!
About a month ago, there was a post on one of the Facebook groups selling airbrush equipment. I was sort of local (4 hours away) so I replied that I was interested.
After contacting him, I found out it was his uncle that had passed away and his aunt was cleaning out the house to move. Being 4 hours away, I did not want to drive that far to check the stuff out so I took a chance and decided to buy everything as a lot, sight unseen. I asked for a price. We agreed on $500 CA for everything. She did not want to deal with selling everything piece by piece, so offered everything at that price. She said that she would be happy that it would be used...I decided to take a chance....
And to make things easier, I found out that my son was going to be in the general area in a day or so. We made an arrangement for him to pick it up....
And this where the overload comes in...Here is what was in the boxes...all these airbrushes were in the original boxes with all the parts...
4 Iwatas...
Eclipse BCS,
Revolution BR,
HPC plus,
and a Neo for Iwata

Badger
Renegade Rage
360 universal Gravity feed
Cresendo
2- 150s

Other
Meiji MP2 (.2 needle)
HD 470 ?
Hobbipen G535 B-pro
Vega- 3 size set-up
Grex pistol grip
Master G-77 pistol grip

a bunch of hoses and regulators, hoses and a couple of containers of parts, quick connects and other various items such as cups and bottles
IMG_5514.JPG IMG_5515.JPG IMG_5516.JPG

There is 2 boxes of paint. All Createx Illustration, wicked detail, Wicked, AutoAir, and regular createx. Also 10 bottles of reducers and clear coats and UVLS. About 100 bottles in total. There is a lot of candy2o, pearls and iridescents
IMG_5517.JPG IMG_5519.JPG
There is also a compressor. It is a Sparmax.
IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5401.JPG

I am in the process of checking them and cleaning. There were a few of the top line ones that were dropped and in need of new tips etc. but still in great shape. I will order the parts after xmas to get these back in perfect running order.

There was a lot more than what I was told, and am glad that I can carry on with his hobby....
I will probably sell off some of these in the future after I continue to go through them all. I will not need all of these...And I will not have to buy any paint for awhile...lol
Over all, I think I did well...

Good find Tony, It makes me happy knowing that the equipment and paint will be used as I'm sure the family will be too. You got a lot there to play with, It will certainly keep you busy sorting it all out. AAD at its finest :)

Wow Dude! Looks like you did well. Second hand paint is so hard to price because of age or how much is left. 500 seems pretty fair for the airbrushes. I’d say everybody did well there and you’ve got some great kit for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello....My name is Tony and I have a problem...Help...I do not know which one to use now...lollollol

hahahaha, I put up a few small shelves just inside my studio door. I have some of my favorites, as well as many of those i acquired without boxes or cases displayed on these shelves. When I walk into the studio, I stop, and pick the candidates that look good for the days task.

Last edited:
I have just finished cleaning and spraying about 2/3 of the brushes. I haven't checked the two pistol grip ones, or the two Badger 150s and the Cresendo.
The only ones that need work is the Revolution and the HP C. They both just need a Fluid nozzle and a head. It looks like they were either dropped or banged around. The threads and everything else is fine. I already have needles.
I know where my Christmas money is going...

@DaveG Question for you sir....
I have a Meiji mp2. It is a .2 and am wondering if you have ever heard of these. I did some spraying with it and I was floored on its performance. I want to play with it some more.
Best pic I have right now...sorry
IMG_5515 (2).JPG

The nose of the airbrush looks quite long a bit like an Neo Hohmi or a Y2? I have heard of Meiji but not enough info to tell you about it.

I have just finished cleaning and spraying about 2/3 of the brushes. I haven't checked the two pistol grip ones, or the two Badger 150s and the Cresendo.
The only ones that need work is the Revolution and the HP C. They both just need a Fluid nozzle and a head. It looks like they were either dropped or banged around. The threads and everything else is fine. I already have needles.
I know where my Christmas money is going...

@DaveG Question for you sir....
I have a Meiji mp2. It is a .2 and am wondering if you have ever heard of these. I did some spraying with it and I was floored on its performance. I want to play with it some more.
Best pic I have right now...sorry
View attachment 64875

Meiji is another brand that had brushes made by Fuso Seiki - it is the same build as the Iwata HP-B .2. As with most of the other branded names coming out of that factory, it is possible that the nozzle, needle, and nozzle cap openings COULD be a little different, as compared to the other brands - thus keeping it proprietary. A brand name that is not real well known outside of Japan (there are several more that are common in Japan, but not much heard of elsewhere).Very well made, and no reason for it not to be a good performer. Nice find.

Meiji is another brand that had brushes made by Fuso Seiki - it is the same build as the Iwata HP-B .2. As with most of the other branded names coming out of that factory, it is possible that the nozzle, needle, and nozzle cap openings COULD be a little different, as compared to the other brands - thus keeping it proprietary. A brand name that is not real well known outside of Japan (there are several more that are common in Japan, but not much heard of elsewhere).Very well made, and no reason for it not to be a good performer. Nice find.
Thanx.... Good info

Back