AirBrush Paint Reduction Flow and PSI

M

maybach

I'm using the createx airbrush paint, and have reduced it with water just to test out. I feel like I'm getting the "milk" mixture right but at times feel like it is not spray enough of my opaque white color, and when I get close to do a line it comes out wet and does that spider looking effect as if it's over reduced, I finally realized to start lowering the PSI from 50 to 40 and trying to go lower. On an airbrush tip 0.3 mm.

What is the usually goo PSI to try to work with, with reduced paint?

Erm whell it differs, but overreduced 1-5water i tempt to hang around 20-23 psi, milk thinned is 25-30 psi for me normally.

I don't know createx or on what ur working, but play and experiment with reduction and thinning, couldnt hurt to try.

Theres no exact pressure m8, its one of those things ya have to tune with different paints, guns, weather conditions, surfaces etc etc..Generally I rarely move of about 30 psi..Instead of adjusting pressure all the time, I find it easier to adjust my speed of stroke..This will negate those nasty spidering issues as when moving quick the paint doesn't have a chance to pool, but again thats likely on a larger painting. Smaller paintings generally its harder to move quick so starting to lower your pressure until you find the sweet spot is prob all you need to do to get it sorted..GL :)

Theres no exact pressure m8, its one of those things ya have to tune with different paints, guns, weather conditions, surfaces etc etc..Generally I rarely move of about 30 psi..Instead of adjusting pressure all the time, I find it easier to adjust my speed of stroke..This will negate those nasty spidering issues as when moving quick the paint doesn't have a chance to pool, but again thats likely on a larger painting. Smaller paintings generally its harder to move quick so starting to lower your pressure until you find the sweet spot is prob all you need to do to get it sorted..GL :)

Thanks RebelAir, appreciate it.

Hey ive just started using createx wicked colours and i find that a mixture of 1 : 4 with about 30psi worked quite well with me but i could probably reduce more without it spidering. as RebelAir said just experiment but for a good starting point try the above, im only just starting airbrushing so dont take what i say as gospel

I am having the same issues I marrying to figure out a good starting point... So are u guys using 15 reducer to 1 paint or the other way around cause I was using almost straight paint with just a couple drops in the 1/3oz cup half full

Back