Airbrush Paints For Faux Fur

E

Effy.hx

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to airbrushing and just had a question about the type of paints I should use.

So for some background, I'll be airbrushing onto faux fur fabric for a project and I was wondering if it would be okay for me to use normal acrylic paints, (ones that aren't airbrush specified). Or if not, would anyone be willing to give me any recommendations as to what paints I should be using?

Thank you in advance.

Do you have a picture of what you are trying to achieve ?
There are two problems I can see arising

1. Faux fur has a ‘pile’ (length of strand) so paint will clump

2. Faux fur is nylon so pant/ink won’t absorb and has the potential to wash off

Createx airbrush colours are aimed and the ‘craft’ end of airbrushing but if you spray it on to thick you’ll get clumping

Like @JackEb said, so I would use a paint that is aimed at textiles, like the standard createx as above, I think you could use wicked as that does work on textiles?? (back me up folks in the know) Or you could try Spectra-Tex from Badger, its cheap and is good for textiles too. Please pop into the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself, it really does help us help you.

Lee

Like @JackEb said, so I would use a paint that is aimed at textiles, like the standard createx as above, I think you could use wicked as that does work on textiles?? (back me up folks in the know) Or you could try Spectra-Tex from Badger, its cheap and is good for textiles too. Please pop into the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself, it really does help us help you.

Lee
All paint will likely do the job but my concern is that it would at least clump a little. A dye specific to nylon /polyester fibre would be better

Back