Airbrush papers

S

S10n

Hi Guys,

I'm running out of H&S airbrush paper No4 350x500mm and I know Schoellershammer 250 g/sqm is another great paper but I need to order overseas and it is expensive.

Any other good and cheaper alternatives ? I can get Canson here but not sure what exactly.

The H&S #4 paper is Schoellershammer #4 which is 4G. The Canson XL Bristol is also nice but not very resistant to scratching and you can not get it 100% clean when erasing.

Has anyone try to use acrylic transparent base or acrylic pouring medium (which I belive is almost the same, also much cheaper), as a primer over bristol paper, for scratching and erasing purposes? I found that cheap glossy pouring medium from my local art store works fine as a transbase with createx paint. Should i expect any issues?

Last edited:
Has anyone try to use acrylic transparent base or acrylic pouring medium (which I belive is almost the same, also much cheaper), as a primer over bristol paper, for scratching and erasing purposes? I found that cheap glossy pouring medium from my local art store works fine as a transbase with createx paint. Should i expect any issues?
I've used liquitex varnish in that fashion without issue....it's not as good as synthetic paper but it does work.

Hahnemühle Papers | Official Site - Germany | Online Shop - UK

Hahnemühle is one of the very best brands out there... It's been around for decades and has remained consistently a Golden Standard.

Some of their papers, suitable for airbrushing:

Oil/Acrylic | Graphics | Digital Fine Art Smooth

The Digital Fine Art Smooth papers are designed for inkjet plotters and inkjet photo printers, but a light coat of primer sprayed over them will do fine too.

I have used Hahnemühle for at least 20 years and have never been disappointed. Always flawless high standards.

I cant offer any suggestions for hot press paper that will accept scratching/erasing,
Have you tried Synthetic papers ? Synthetic has always worked well for me for scratching/ erasing.

This is paper that you can erase, scratch and tape on.

My favourite.
You have to get used to it, if you have only worked on normal paper.

Back