Airbrush question

B

Bandit

Hello all Airbrushers.

I bought a new airbrush and I'm kind of new beginner so I have a guestion about a screw, thats underneath the color cup you can see it on following picture: gungb.jpg

What is this screw used to do? I can change color cup there are 2 other sizes.

Hi bandit, i'm not a 100% sure but it looks to me like it could be a regulator valve maybe for adjusting air flow?? plug it in to you air source, push the trigger all the way down and turn the screw and see if that changes the amount of air coming out? it will be for air or paint, what make of brush is it and is it a single action or double??

cordky is correct i do believe, its an air regultor like on a iwata micron, you can reduce your paints very thin, and then adujust your pressure down to almost 5 psi for extreme detail work, but only with extremely thinned paints.

It's a double action brush, I use createx opaque and transparent colors.

i too use creates and wicked colors , if you thin your createx down ,you will just have to experiment with it, i would start with a 1 to 6 ration 6 being the reducer, then adjust your regulator down until the color flow without blow out or spidering, usually use it for fine lines ,dont be afraid to experiment ,its the only way your gonna learn no matter how much anyone tells you. createx colors usually need quit a bit of reducing especially if your needle is a smaller diameter

i too use creates and wicked colors , if you thin your createx down ,you will just have to experiment with it, i would start with a 1 to 6 ration 6 being the reducer, then adjust your regulator down until the color flow without blow out or spidering, usually use it for fine lines ,dont be afraid to experiment ,its the only way your gonna learn no matter how much anyone tells you. createx colors usually need quit a bit of reducing especially if your needle is a smaller diameter

OK, thanks. I shall buy some reducer and try, I'm not affraid to experiment.. Thanx again for all responses.

Back