airbrush recommedation

B

brandon84

I have been using my Master airbrush which is very cheap and I have been through 2 of them that came with my kit for a few months now.. I'm looking to upgrade. Any suggestions on a good reliable airbrush? I was thinking the iwata eclipse.

I have been using my Master airbrush which is very cheap and I have been through 2 of them that came with my kit for a few months now.. I'm looking to upgrade. Any suggestions on a good reliable airbrush? I was thinking the iwata eclipse.

You were thinking right. The Eclipse is the workhorse by which all other brushes are judged around here. I don't have an Eclipse, but they have an awesome reputation. The Badger Patriot 105 is great workhorse as well, I use mine all the time. It's a solid brush.

I also have an eclipse hp-cs, and can highly recommend it as a suitable airbrush.
Not only is it responsive on the "normal" pressures 20-30 psi, but can also give quite delicate detail - with a bit of practice.
On the down side, spares are exorbitantly priced in Australia, so the net is about your only option.
Mine was very smooth straight out of the box, and still is after some months of use [ or ab-use depending on your viewpoint! Lol! ]

I've seen it go for for 142.50 on ebay from tcpglobal.com. also probably going to upgrade my compressor I used for a few hours last weekend and it got really hot not sure if I've burned it up or not? I'm starting to figure out its better to spend a little more $$$ to get the enter stuff. Thanks guys!

Wow... That went well.. That question usually digs all sorts up lol

Maybe I should.... Nooooo, I'm not that bloody good yet lol I do like my Evolution tho:)

If you can afford it, go for the Iwata HP-C Plus. There are at least two sellers on Amazon selling it for $125, which is half of retail. I got mine off of an Amazon seller from Japan. Took a month to arrive, but well worth the wait. I use the HP-C Plus exclusively now and have been for years. It's a solid brush made with very good parts. The extra cost goes into the precision and longevity of the airbrush. I used to use the Paasche VL, but upgraded and never looked back. My paintings are with Createx Colors on large canvas. Here's what you can do with the Iwata HP-C Plus:

http://airbrushforum.org/gallery/albums/recent-works-twinbrother-studio.584/

The Iwata Eclipse is good too and a lower cost option. Good luck with your decision.

Back