Airbrush reducer

Paul hopper

Young Tutorling
Hi all I have a mini air compressor which is great but I've just bought a new airbrush and need a reducer for the airline I have ordered 2 so far but they are too big and I am measuring them correctly I really need some help please

Hi there... so normally under intros... you do an intro... :) Then ask a question under the suitable area... Welcome dragon.jpg

Typically the airbrush fittings are common... but that is a brand I've never heard of. If you have a good engineering shop nearby it might be worth taking the fittings in there and having a try of the different ones. from memory 1/4" and 3/8" are the common thread sizes but I can't recall what the thread pitch is. It is one of the common ones like BSP...

Hi there... so normally under intros... you do an intro... :) Then ask a question under the suitable area... View attachment 63172

Typically the airbrush fittings are common... but that is a brand I've never heard of. If you have a good engineering shop nearby it might be worth taking the fittings in there and having a try of the different ones. from memory 1/4" and 3/8" are the common thread sizes but I can't recall what the thread pitch is. It is one of the common ones like BSP...
dang, you fast like Peter Sagan -.-

Oh I wish... :)
I remember one you tuber Vegan cyclist was riding with Peter Segan. And Peter spit in the air and all the mist went to Vegan cyclist. He was talking about his experience riding with Peter Segan and he forgot about that spit. I told Vegan cyclist if Peter would spit on me, the whole race I would have only one goal. To go in front of Peter and spit him back :D

I remember one you tuber Vegan cyclist was riding with Peter Segan. And Peter spit in the air and all the mist went to Vegan cyclist. He was talking about his experience riding with Peter Segan and he forgot about that spit. I told Vegan cyclist if Peter would spit on me, the whole race I would have only one goal. To go in front of Peter and spit him back :D
The Vegan Cyclist is a good guy, plenty of great info there.. and yes, I'm with you... but that Peter is a willey one... I follow a guy in Australia and he was in a local criterion with Caleb Ewing... Caleb lead out on a hill and this guy followed, Caleb proceeded to blow the race to bits... not because he wanted too but his shifter was faulty and he was stuck in a huge gear... :p

Hi there... so normally under intros... you do an intro... :) Then ask a question under the suitable area... View attachment 63172

Ok mark well thankyou for the heads up totally forgot about the intro I'm so desperate to get my airbrush working I'm model making and can't get started with my airbrush thanks again

The Vegan Cyclist is a good guy, plenty of great info there.. and yes, I'm with you... but that Peter is a willey one... I follow a guy in Australia and he was in a local criterion with Caleb Ewing... Caleb lead out on a hill and this guy followed, Caleb proceeded to blow the race to bits... not because he wanted too but his shifter was faulty and he was stuck in a huge gear... :p
I'm new to cycling, from last year, so thanks for idea. Gonna you tube Caleb Ewing. I found Vegan cyclist by accident last year and he was funny. It was video about helmets and how they look like khm... So I found guy funny and starting to watch him and I do enjoy his videos. He is chilled.

Standard airbrush end of hose is 1/8”. Compressors are normally 1/8 (small hobby compressor) is 1/4” for workshop compressor.
Depends on what size your compressor outlet is.

this image may help - tap it to zoom in
6EDA0874-289C-4C25-BD23-0EF17A0BC7EE.jpeg

throw up a picture of the two ends you’re trying to marry up- let us know where you live we can link in a local supplier

Last edited:
I'm new to cycling, from last year, so thanks for idea. Gonna you tube Caleb Ewing. I found Vegan cyclist by accident last year and he was funny. It was video about helmets and how they look like khm... So I found guy funny and starting to watch him and I do enjoy his videos. He is chilled.
We so need to geek out about riding... Have you seen his one about glasses...?

I hate those sunglasses. And the reason is I need perscription. And friking manufacturers don't make cool sunglasses with prescription lens. Let's be serious for a moment. Bunch of people which are 50 or more years need glasses for riding. And then you got a lot of younger ones like me which also need sunglasses with perscription lens. But you can't get friking cool sport sunglasses...

But I still like his video. He is a cool guy :)

Aha... you can get prescription lenses in them, or fitted with inserts. Better paying for the better ones. I am saving up for a pair of Oakley's. Not only do they work well they are brutally tested and protect your eyes better than most. And to be fair, I am expecting eye protection for L O N G rides!

Aha... you can get prescription lenses in them, or fitted with inserts. Better paying for the better ones. I am saving up for a pair of Oakley's. Not only do they work well they are brutally tested and protect your eyes better than most. And to be fair, I am expecting eye protection for L O N G rides!
so you can buy Oakley sunglasses with prescription lenses inside?

I was going to say Oakley's can have prescription lenses, I know someone who had some many years ago. so they have been doing it for a while.

Now the thread has been well and truly Threadjacked I wonder, has @Paul hopper found the solution to his problem?

Lee

Back