airbrush skipping problem

B

brandon84

I've cleaned the brush and still have the skipping problem... no matter how I reduce still happens. Could this have anything to do with the packing in the brush???

Generally skipping is due to a poor seal somewhere. Most times I have the issue it is at the air cap. A bad or improperly tightened needle bearing will cause paint to leak into the handle. I've personally never seen a bad needle bearing cause skipping problems, but others on here have mentioned it. What kind of airbrush and paint are you using?

Considering the time of year, as well or combined with the above mentioned, if your compressor is producing more moisture than it normally would this can also cause skipping since it intermittently restrict the airflow, if you have a tanked compressor you should empty the tank more frequently in winter, and if you don't already have a hand grip moisture trap at your brush, it's always a good idea.

And although this probably isn't the case here I'll share it anyway since it's another problem often ignored, I had two brushes in the past where the channel that carries air from the air valve to the front of the brush was blocked with black debris which travels along with moisture from the tank of the compressor, as a result, when I do complete strip down of any brush I clean that too with a little dental bottle washer brush, you would be amazed what comes out of there.

If your compressor is tank-less, pulsing could also be a contributing factor and exaggerated even more by moisture.

Im using the Master airbrush that came with my kit (Very Cheap) My compressor is tank less. I also make sure everything is tightly sealed after i clean it. Im going to be purchasing the iwata eclipse here very shortly so i hope thta gives me less headache.

As for moisture traps i have one on the tank and the bottom of my brush. For as cold as it is on the east coast i thought cold would not produce much moisture as heat?

Sometimes also it will spray very light and all the sudden blast out a bunch of paint very annoying.

Sometimes also it will spray very light and all the sudden blast out a bunch of paint very annoying.

The sudden blast is usually indication of a clog, if you don't strain your paint you should, as far as the cold goes, your compressor gets hot and when you combine that with the greater difference in temperature around it more condensation is produce, therefore more moisture.

Tank-less compressors are well know for pulsing issues which also don't help, by that I mean the air pressure increases and plummets at the same rate as the diaphragm vibrates.

Unfortunately Master air brushes just as other cheap copy brushes are hit and miss, they frequently work fine for short time and then start to play up, there is usually not much to expect from them other than the occasional headache, in my opinion the idiots who sell this stuff should make people aware of that, it doesn't help their own cause not to.

It was my first airbrush i bought about a year ago. They are really a waste. Thats why im upgrading to the iwata eclipse

@brandon84 just a little heads up, Some people starting out start with these cheap kits and a few give up because they can't get what they want out of them, it upsets me that they often blame themselves when it's the equipment they have that's holding them back, please don't fall into that category and get yourself the right equipment even if you have to save for it, the guys here will give you all the help you need to help you choose what's right for you.

Definitely i agree. @Madbrush. Im going to start off getting the Eclipse rhen upgrade my compressor. I can definitely tell i have progressed in the past year. So giving up is not an option!

Definitely i agree. @Madbrush. Im going to start off getting the Eclipse rhen upgrade my compressor. I can definitely tell i have progressed in the past year. So giving up is not an option!

The compressor I have is probably the same as what you have but with small three litre tank, it's a re-branded version and cost me €70 or around $80 US, I've had it for 2.5 years and never had any problem, but it has plenty of time to cool down while it's use and since I only do small art projects it's ideal for my purpose.

I've had the Eclipse but I understand it's the recommended best choice for beginners, I now have the Iwata HP-BH + which has a 0.2 nozzle, it's my first iwata but I've seen enough to know I'll stick with Iwata in the future.

I hope you get it soon, and if there is anything your not sure of, just hit us with it:)

The compressor I have is probably the same as what you have but with small three litre tank, it's a re-branded version and cost me €70 or around $80 US, I've had it for 2.5 years and never had any problem, but it has plenty of time to cool down while it's use and since I only do small art projects it's ideal for my purpose.

I've had the Eclipse but I understand it's the recommended best choice for beginners, I now have the Iwata HP-BH + which has a 0.2 nozzle, it's my first iwata but I've seen enough to know I'll stick with Iwata in the future.

I hope you get it soon, and if there is anything your not sure of, just hit us with it:)

Ok thank you

And there's me thinking your saving up for an infinity:whistling:

Brandon84 I have just bought an Iwata and must admit they feel solid(in a good way) and is a very nice fit to my hand,but that's a personal thing to everyone.

And there's me thinking your saving up for an infinity:whistling:

Brandon84 I have just bought an Iwata and must admit they feel solid(in a good way) and is a very nice fit to my hand,but that's a personal thing to everyone.

He'll come around some day. ;)

Everyone has their own preferences. I prefer H&S brushes for general spraying for most of my paintings and the Micron or Mojo III for real fine detail work.

Back