Airbrush Spitting

S

Sgt Nellie

Hi all, I recently purchased a badger krome. I truly like this airbrush. Today I found some frustration in the gun because it kept on spitting at the end of the brush stroke. Not spitting when I pressed down for air, but at the end it would spit out paint. And it didnt matter if I hammered off the trigger either. I cleaned the gun, lubed it and still had problems. I upped my air pressure to see if that was the issue and it continued to happen. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sgt Nellie

My thought is a tiny amount of paint dried inside the nozzle. That or your paint was too thick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had the same problem with my krome and it was junk in the nozzle.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I think I got it dialed in. I had to reduce the paint much more and the problem went away. Thanks for the advice.

Depending on the paint you are using, I have found that when I do dagger strokes a small blob of paint stays on the end of the needle (kinda of like tip dry). Then once I stop the paint it kind of blows off the end.

jgny come on bro..... you are better than that..... paint on the needle at the end of a dagger stroke???? lesson 1.....double action my friend, air on.... paint on.... paint off.... air off....
you know it makes sense

I know this.....and I do this....it seems when I use the Createx Illustration a small blob forms and when I start my line and finish my line leaving the air on, when I throw trigger forward for paint off it seems to blow a little blob off the end gives me a funny looking dagger stroke..kind of like a dotted line at the finish.

That's exactly what was happening to me. Once I reduced the paint much more, it stopped. I was using a Apple green Auto-Air color.

That's exactly what was happening to me. Once I reduced the paint much more, it stopped. I was using a Apple green Auto-Air color.
Yeah the Createx Illustration may just be more finicky, but mt E-Tac FX I don't have this problem.

Back