Airbrush splashing

Ongun Palaoglu

Young Tutorling
Hello everyone, I am having trouble with my airbrush. I have H&S evolution. I am using 2.5 pressure and my needle is good inside is clean :)

I am unable to make a straight line it always splashes around ( little paint droplets around it). what can be the cause. I was thinking about consistency of the paint. but I believe it is good . What can be the problem?

The picture I uploaded, has a little bit more thinner. thank you :) !
IMG_6591.JPG

So straight lines come with practice first. Not too sure of the actual problem... could be your technique, could be the wrong paint, could be the brush needs cleaning. How about some more info to help us out...?

The other thing to help us out, it's always polite to introduce yourself first, nothing more awkward than a stranger coming up to you and asking intimate detailed AB questions when they don't say who they are... :) Here is a link to the intro page... https://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/76D29BE6-B2B6-417C-9257-D194AE83EB90.jpeg

So straight lines come with practice first. Not too sure of the actual problem... could be your technique, could be the wrong paint, could be the brush needs cleaning. How about some more info to help us out...?

The other thing to help us out, it's always polite to introduce yourself first, nothing more awkward than a stranger coming up to you and asking intimate detailed AB questions when they don't say who they are... :) Here is a link to the intro page... https://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/View attachment 59693
I was wondering. You guys have text on some notepad file and you just copy paste it each time or you actually write new text each time? :D

Jokes aside, and little off topic cause I have you here. Got bicycle computer as a gift yesterday. Whenever magnet goes next to wireless thingy, wireless thingy makes ''tk''noise. What would be that noise? Any idea?

“2.5 pressure”. I assume you mean 2.5 bar, which is around 36psi. Depending on what paint you are using I’d say you have to high a psi for your paint and your moving to slow and getting splattering

you won't get straight lines with your airbrush alone. better off masking it but that would depend on the cammo type hard edge of feathered edge and a PSI around 12-15 maybe.

Thanks Henry

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

As Jackie said, the pressure is pretty high for airbrushing. It could also be that your paint is a little thick, so it’s coming out in larger droplets. The video Husky posted covers a lot of bases.

And maybe you’re trying to cover it to quickly and your paint is laying down too thick. Definitely watch the video that Husky linked and drop the pressure

What paint and needle size are you using

I was wondering. You guys have text on some notepad file and you just copy paste it each time or you actually write new text each time? :D

Jokes aside, and little off topic cause I have you here. Got bicycle computer as a gift yesterday. Whenever magnet goes next to wireless thingy, wireless thingy makes ''tk''noise. What would be that noise? Any idea?

Normally means the magnet is touching the sensor on the way past... 3 to 5mm clearance!

Oh and replying to the other part... lol... nope... just type fast with the standard response for possibles... :) Might be a god idea to write an algorythym to produce the standard answers... clean the needle, clean the nozzle, RTFM... that sort of thing... lollol
I was thinking there is a possibility you guys have like few options and you just copy paste it :D

Fastest finger finishes first :)
If I’m on the computer then the fingers fly (I touch type) and I can probably type a full page response as fast as Mr.Micron can finish a jug of shine. if I’m on the phone the response normally takes longer
But you can't watch videos while on job :D

Back