For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Airbrush Trigger / Lever

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by Sim, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Sim

Sim Young Tutorling

I personally prefer the 1 piece trigger with attached plunger rather than the separate trigger and plunger type. Reason being that they feel so much smoother to operate. I feel the 2 piece type has more contact points resulting in greater possible friction. Hence I try if possible to purchase these 1 piece triggers. Am I stating the obvious or is this a valid point?

However, I prefer the 2 piece separate rocker and chuck to the single piece type; again I feel they are a lot smoother.

Of course with the high quality parts produced by Iwata and some Japanese makes, the effect is somewhat subdued. In other mid rank manufacturers like Sparmax, the effect can be quite different.

Honest opinions please. No war and fighting please.

Sim
    jord001 likes this.
  2. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

I've never experienced performance differences between these various parts. All I know is I like the one piece needle shaft setup for ease of installation.
    jord001 and SiRoxx like this.
  3. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

My fist no name brush had a separate aux lever, my two Iwata brushes have the one piece set up. I haven’t noticed any really different other than the Iwata’s being much smoother in operation. But I would say that’s down to overall quality rather than the 1 or 2 piece setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lucio and jord001 like this.
  4. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I am mighty picky about trigger feel, and I can honestly say I am unable to tell the difference between a brush with an attached push pin, vs. cross pin.
    TBurns, Lucio, jord001 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

I have to agree with DaveG on this one I have airbrushes with both types of set up not only on the trigger but on the rocker level as well. While installing the 2 piece set ups either trigger or rocker I find it more of a pain mainly due to these meat hooks call hands.But as far as a difference in the way the trigger feels or how the needle pulls back I really do not notice a difference.
    jord001 and SiRoxx like this.
  6. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I am with Dave , I am just as picky as he is when it comes to trigger feel and after I lost the real fine movement / control over my trigger finger I became even more picky and I have never been able to tell a difference between the trigger set ups
  7. Sim

Sim Young Tutorling

Gentlemen like I said, I also can’t really tell the difference in the Japanese brushes. But in the chinese cheapo brushes and my Sparmax, I can feel this difference and I hate it.

Anyway does anyone know (for sure) which Iwata trigger will fit into my HP-B+? I have seen 2 common ones, the Iwata 1003 (HP-BC+) And Iwata 6121 (Eclipse HP-CS) usually available online. For some reason beyond me, 1003 is like 3 times the price of 6121. Both look the same to me. I tried fitting my Creos PS274 trigger but it is too small.
    SiRoxx likes this.
  8. DaveG

Are you looking to replace a cross pin trigger with an attached push pin trigger? They do not make one that will work. The through hole into the valve body is larger for the cross pin style triggers.
    TBurns and JackEb like this.
  9. Sim

Sim Young Tutorling

Dave, yes I was hoping to replace it. Currently it looks like only the trigger from my cheapo chinese airbrush fits exactly.
  10. DaveG

There are two different sized through holes into the air valves in Japanese airbrushes. One for the separate push pin, which is larger diameter, and one for the attached push pin, which is smaller diameter. Every Japanese brush I have encountered thus far has one of these two sized holes. Virtually all the Japanese brushes I have seen so far that have an attached pin, they are all the same diameter, but vary in length to correspond with a particular air valve pin. Most of the differences I see are within the Olympos line itself, as the Iwata brushes seem more uniform, with just the "K" brushes tending to be odd balls. On the Asian brushes, I have seen no such standard, as they tend to be all over the map on specs, with so many different factories pumping out very similar product.