Airbrush Tutor from Sussex says Hello!

R

RaceModelsUK

Dear All,

I found your wonderful site via twitter. My name's Dilip and I have been Airbrushing for over 10 years. I'm based in Sussex, UK.

I partly own a small scale model manufacturer called Race Models UK. I've been doing airbrushing lessons in person for about 3 years now. I do all applications imaginable... Scale Models, Military Models, Radio-Control vehicles, Graphic Art, Cake decorating, Nail art...

I'll be on hand to answer any airbrushing related questions! Any query, small or complex :tennis:

Regards,

Dilip

Welcome to the Forum Dilip , great to have you here with your knowledge :)

Welcome Dilip, and many thanks already for your offer :D

Alot of people can and will learn from this site and its tutors!
At least I am eager to get into it, but have to wait a little more sadly

Love to see some of those models ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome in dillip, the more experience and knowledge the better, you will be very welcome. We are all learning something new and spreading the love as the main man said!! Welcome

Thankyou all for the warm welcome! It's lovely to see that there are others who love airbrushes as much as I do :single_eye:

Here is a link to some of my plastic model work. I will be uploading my graphic art stuff soon - hard to photograph properly lol.

http://www.race-models.co.uk/Home/Gallery.html

Regards

Dilip

I would really like to take apart some of my 1:18 model cars to try to brush them lolll
I am tho smart enough to go and learn to control my brush first ghehe

I love the weathering look, like the dirt and rust on the tanks :)

Awesome to have you here Airbrush Tutor!!! thanks for hopping on board mate:) i've been airbrushing for a while and as much as i thought i could give to people, the members of this forum have already given me back tenfold:)
looking forward to seeing some cool pics!

Hello and welcome from cambridgeshire ,i hope you enjoy this site as much as we do .

bloody bugger, I had a RC model painting question too

Ok good buddy.
What's RC airbrushing all about. Is it like spraying camo on planes and such or is there a whole art form out there untapped?
Could we be doing Chuck type pin up art on r/c airplane nose cones?
IS there any cash to be made offering it as a service?

Ok good buddy.
What's RC airbrushing all about. Is it like spraying camo on planes and such or is there a whole art form out there untapped?
Could we be doing Chuck type pin up art on r/c airplane nose cones?
IS there any cash to be made offering it as a service?

You can actually paint or airbrush anything on to an RC model that could be on a canvas or bike tank, generally if you were building a scale model of say a Sherman tank, you would want it to resemble the real thing, therefore camouflage would be best, I fly model aircraft and it is important to be able to see your aircraft even at a distance, it's also important to able to determine the difference between the under side and top side so that you always know in which direction it's flying.

How a model is painted is the personal choice of the owner of the model and there is very little money to be made from painting them, very few modellers will ask someone else to paint their models because because that's all part of the fun.

Model there are 2 types of model helicopters, one is scale which will normally be factory painted with the original colours of the model being represented and the other type are sport models, here are 2 examples, these are both the same helicopter but one is wearing a scale body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrfFdxYJG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5i0Cxpml8

That looks hard and expensive to get into.

The newest version of that helicopter alone costs around £600, then you'de spend another £1000 on a decent radio control unit, batteries and and battery charger, you'de be short of about £2000 just to get it in the air, with the scale body you'll be another £1000 down by time it gets to fly.

Air-planes are generally cheaper, for a plane to fly outside you could get a starter set for around £150, it wouldn't be much but any one who starts starts cheap, once you have a basic understanding you can buy more expensive stuff, I teach children and adults to fly with my own planes and radios, this means they don't have to buy anything until they are sure they want to continue.

It's only hard when you try to teach your self, it's easier to just throw your money away, at any flying club you would pay an amount that comes out at about 30 pence/day, and lessons are free as long as you are a member.

and the rules for flying model air craft are the same as for real air craft, I am a member of the KNVvl (Koninglijk Nederland Veriningen voor Luchtvaart), which is the same as Federal Aviation Authority in America, serious fines and even custodial sentences are imposed if you fly when and where you shouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back