Airbrush with no name

T

Tony

View attachment 2100View attachment 2101
Hi all,

I brought this 0.2m needle / nozzle airbrush new cost £32.00 including delivery from Flea bay and to be honest I have had a little play and think it is ok, I will polish the needle and very lightly oil it and test it out on my next portrait and see how it preforms
There isn’t any name on it as the title the airbrush with no name…lol but I am trying to get away from the iwata cost of spares as a nozzle is more than the cost of this airbrush, and I do like my infinity and find myself painting more and more with it.
I will let your know how I get on with it.

Cheers Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 2174View attachment 2175View attachment 2176View attachment 2177View attachment 2178
Straight out of the box the air brush looks ok but was a bit hit and miss when I had a play with some paint, well this play ended up about two hours with polishing the needle and packing the fluid nozzle so it moved forward a little, did plenty of daggers, fine lines, fat to thin lines dot to dot until I had some confidents with it.
Well I am painting this portrait, free hand over pencil and to be honest it is be having itself very well, the paint is instant which some time catches me out but the more I use it the more I am getting a feel for it. It isn’t an infinity and I will always be an infinity painter at heart, but what I do like about it is a needle and fluid nozzle is about £5.80 to replace ….lol
Cheers Tony

Nice to see someone put a "knock-off brush" to the test.
Nice picture too :)

View attachment 2195
Got a little more done tonight and still using the knockoff and it is behaving very well, the cups is a little big and when the paint is very low it sucks air up with the paint but it does have a lid which is handy.

Cheers Tony

Very nice Tony. If you can do that with a 32.00 airbrush, you must be finominal with the Infinity. Great work.

Nice work on the painting first of all.

Not all knock off's are useless, I have a neo for iwata and H&S evolution 2 in 1, I haven't used either yet because I have four knock off's one of which I still haven't used yet, but the other three are also performing very well, my plan was to continue using these until I get better, but since they all perform so good I'll continue to use them until they break or stop performing, but that could be a while.

So I'm not surprised that your model has done so well, the painting says it all, and from the photo, it looks well made, careful maintenance should keep it working so good.

Don't forget to put this fine piece of art into your album for all of us to enjoy.

View attachment 2226
The airbrush made it to the end without me bouncing it of any walls ….lol and to be honest I am pleasantly surprised how well it has performed.
So to sum it up and providing you reduced the paint well I would say it is worth the £ 32.00 pound I paid for it.
Regards Tony

Great painting Tony, and i can see that the airbrush performed pretty well :)
Like Madbrush mentioned, not all cheap knock off´s have to be bad, specialy if you polish the needle abit and lube the parts up.

Great painting Tony, and i can see that the airbrush performed pretty well :)
Like Madbrush mentioned, not all cheap knock off´s have to be bad, specialy if you polish the needle abit and lube the parts up.

Exactly what I meant, my airbrushes didn't perform at all well at first, but after stripping them and cleaning and 1 or 2 slight adjustments they performed very well.

And as you said, the painting is awesome.

thanks guy's

i think i will buy another needle and nozzle (£5.80p) as a spare and see how much fine i can get it to spray.

Tony

Back