Airbrush won't spray paint

C

corvette_kid

Hello.

I just started using my first airbrush (a dual-action airbrush with a paint well on top) and after a few uses it won't spray liquids anymore. The airbrush can still spray air, but if I load distilled water or thinner it won't even spray that out when I pull the trigger pack.

My friend told me that to clean the airbrush I just needed to spray some thinner through it after each use. I followed this advice until the problem arose. Then, I took the airbrush apart and soaked the components in very hot water, and after that didn't work mild acid, which again didn't work.

Any ideas?

mild acid??? its not an expensive airbrush is it? quite simply you probably just had a bit of a blockage in the nozzle cap/needle cap have you got a set of them pipe cleaner style brushes......congratulations also you have the privilege of receiving my 100th post

Last edited by a moderator:
may be a blockage between paint cup and brush, is paint cup removable? have you been reducing paint peppery also?

Hello.

I just started using my first airbrush (a dual-action airbrush with a paint well on top) and after a few uses it won't spray liquids anymore. The airbrush can still spray air, but if I load distilled water or thinner it won't even spray that out when I pull the trigger pack.

My friend told me that to clean the airbrush I just needed to spray some thinner through it after each use. I followed this advice until the problem arose. Then, I took the airbrush apart and soaked the components in very hot water, and after that didn't work mild acid, which again didn't work.

Any ideas?

first watch a. tutor video how to maintain an airbrush, your porbably gonna to have to disassembel your brush and clean it throughly, you porbably got some dried paint in the nozzle and will have to be cleaned, but watch the video, it will help you to understand the assembly and disassembly of the tool,

may be a blockage between paint cup and brush, is paint cup removable? have you been reducing paint peppery also?

that might be it fez, a blockage from resivor,, he will probably have to do a good cleaning

thankfully it's a pretty cheap airbrush - $20. The paint cup is not removable.

have you been reducing paint peppery?
By this do you mean paint consistency? I dilute my paints before using them.

As for the pipe cleaner brushes, I don't have any. What size brush would I need? Also I know this sounds really simple, but how would I use them?

thankfully it's a pretty cheap airbrush - $20. The paint cup is not removable.

By this do you mean paint consistency? I dilute my paints before using them.

As for the pipe cleaner brushes, I don't have any. What size brush would I need? Also I know this sounds really simple, but how would I use them?
ok first of all I meant properly not peppery hahaha, go on to ebay and search for airbrush cleaning brushes they come on a key ring in a set of about 5, they are bits of different gauge wires with bristle brushes on one end, should cost you no more than 10 bucks.as fire usage, strip your brush down and just give all the bits a thorough but gentle clean, inside and out.can't recommend airbrush tutors video"how to maintain an airbrush"highly enough.seriously dude with all the respect in the worlddo a little research before putting stuff in acid, if you have burnt our weakened the rubber seals then you have different troubles, at least you starting with a cheap airbrush ;0).

and yes I meant dilute paints to make them thin in consistency, a bit like milk

Hey corvette-kid if you go to ebay.com you can find what you need i've gotten a lot of my cleaning brush through them. These here were $2.99 US Dollars
I'd gotten like a Airbrush Cleaner.jpg

Classic newbie mistake, it happens to everyone, but the acid nooooooooooo.
Buy the kit of brushes to clean and make sure the nozzle is clean before you start painting. Remember the gun must be perfectly clean otherwise it goes. Watch the tutorial on cleaning.

thanks for the help! I'll try the brushes. The acid shouldn't have done too much damage I hope, it was just diluted vinegar

Water based paint.,.. Order some restorer made by Createx (you can use it over and over again ) it will cut through the dry water base paint. soak for about 8 hours.
Euro's soak the nozzle in the solvent for 24 hours.

Back