Airbrush

J

jerry

Am a scrollsaw artist and am thinking of using one to spray using things like teak oil, danish oil, spar varnish, etc. Wanting to know if an airbrush will pick up these heavy oils? If so can you recommend a particular brand, model, etc?Have ever done any airbrushing and anything on this subject will help. Also am trying to use on that i can use canned air since i am not going to use an airbrush very much. Thanks:rapture:

Mr.Micron

Royal pain in the air hose
Admin
For what you are doing I suggest a large needled size airbrush . something with a .50 or larger. Paasche Vl with the number 3 set up.
But you may also consider a mini spray gun for a more even coat.

Cordyk

Sheriff Woody (Admington)
That's good advice from Micron also you will struggle with just using canned air, you may be able pick up a small hobby compressor pretty cheap, canned air is not much use for.....anything!!
Hope that helps

J

jerry

Thanks for the info.Like i said, do not know anything and all ifo helps>

K

KenBadger

Am a scrollsaw artist and am thinking of using one to spray using things like teak oil, danish oil, spar varnish, etc. Wanting to know if an airbrush will pick up these heavy oils? If so can you recommend a particular brand, model, etc?Have ever done any airbrushing and anything on this subject will help. Also am trying to use on that i can use canned air since i am not going to use an airbrush very much. Thanks:rapture:

Not sure where you're at, but if your near a Woodcraft Store pick up a 250-LBH, it's a simple external mix spray gun for spraying bases, clears, and other mediums applicable to woodworking. They run about $40-50. Simple and efficient.