Airbrushing a golf trolly

M

Mathew

Hi guys just wondering how to start airbrushing a golf trolly.

The trolly is a bit rusty with a few different coats of paint.. I was Just going to sand it off. I put some rust converter on it and going to try get the rest off when I have some time.
what do I need to do to get it ready for paint.
I baught some etch primer... but rang a guy today, and he said to use 2k clear base coat....
So confused.

I am planing on painting it hot pink, or maybe perlecent purple.. I only have a little space to work in the garage so not a full fledged paint booth. so want to try and stay as low VOC as possible. I do have a 3m painters resporator.

I'd removed all old paint using paint remover. The process is rather easy. BUT wear gloves!!! Avoid to get the remover on your skin and eyes!

The best way is to sandblast rusty areas. Bring it to someone to do that. In this case you'll have guaranty not to have surprises in future.
After that primers, basecoats, clear.

A golf trolly ?? Oh a golf Cart
Before you can lay out the 2k base coat you will want to etch prime it . That is you base surface and 2k will only seal the rust that might be to deep in the paint job causing failure.
After etch priming and block sanding it to make sure you have no wave in the body then you can proceed with your base coat, Also doing it this way you do not need to use 2k product unless you have a proper paint booth and gear to do so .
But Catch @MeeshellMP she is the golf cart queen and she can give you all the steps you need.

Thank you for all the great advice...
here is a photo of a golf trolley, not the one I'm going paint.. the one I have is rusty and old... I kind of want to pimp it out in a bright colour and some small graphics.

https://goo.gl/images/MqKbQf

Oh okay thought they called that a bag cart . But being I do not golf LOL

I replied thinking of golf cart:D I need to play golf more often or even to try playing golf for the first time just to know what's called what.

I replied thinking of golf cart:D I need to play golf more often or even to try playing golf for the first time just to know what's called what.
I thought the same thing .
Some call that the caddy cart

That little spherical dimpled thing you hit with the funny stick is a called "the golf ball", the cylindrical tube in the ground that the golf ball should eventually end up in is called "the hole" ;)

That little spherical dimpled thing you hit with the funny stick is a called "the golf ball", the cylindrical tube in the ground that the golf ball should eventually end up in is called "the hole" ;)
But it is way more fun to go to the driving range with a 12 gauge shotgun and see how many of them white turds you can hit while they are in the air :D
It really freaks the yuppies who are hitting the turds out

But it is way more fun to go to the driving range with a 12 gauge shotgun and see how many of them white turds you can hit while they are in the air :D

I could never get my head around golf, it seemed the most boring game ever just following a little white ball around a field, even worse if it decides to go off the field:confused:, your game sounds far more fun, I would buy a few balls for that game, I'm the same with football, or soccer as you Americans call it, I can't see the sense in 22 grown men kicking a wind filled pigskin up and down a park for 90 minutes, when football is on the telly I buy a six pack of Budweiser, then I paint the back of the excrementehouse door and sit on the thrown and look on as it dries, I do this just to get the same sense of excitement the football fans get watching the game:)

Thanx for educating!:D Golf club is near me and there were a lot of those white round heavy thingies that flew away that club lying around. Now I know what that was;) About the hole, it's good to know for when I could get there (possibility is kinda close to zero) I can show my knowledge in the fieldlol

I like what's @Mr.Micron says. I'd prefer shooting those flying balls, it's more like man's game than hitting them with a strange stick:D
BTW @Malky, I'm with you about the football;) You wouldn't believe, but the football club is also near me and I can here those barbarian screams every week:whistling::whistling::whistling: And every time I hear that I think WTF to play that and more over to sit and watch that sometimes screaming:confused: While shooting clubs are not far from the place...:)

Thanx for educating!:D Golf club is near me and there were a lot of those white round heavy thingies that flew away that club lying around. Now I know what that was;) About the hole, it's good to know for when I could get there (possibility is kinda close to zero) I can show my knowledge in the fieldlol

I like what's @Mr.Micron says. I'd prefer shooting those flying balls, it's more like man's game than hitting them with a strange stick:D
BTW @Malky, I'm with you about the football;) You wouldn't believe, but the football club is also near me and I can here those barbarian screams every week:whistling::whistling::whistling: And every time I hear that I think WTF to play that and more over to sit and watch that sometimes screaming:confused: While shooting clubs are not far from the place...:)
Malky has to know something about the game of golf being it was invented in SCOTLAND !!

Malky has to know something about the game of golf being it was invented in SCOTLAND !!

We are so well known for being tight arsed in Scotland there are signs on every Scottish golf course stating "please do not lift lost golfballs until they have stopped rolling" it took us poorer folks 100 years to realise that a ball in any of the 18 holes is not actually lost, poorer folks were not allowed to play golf in the beginning so we had to make our money by selling the balls we stole (I mean found) back to the filthy rich thick twats who knocked them into the wilderness in the first place:)

I do have one question...why did you remove the paint that way? Why not just sand it, and prime it?

The guy's name escapes me, but he shot for Benelli and passed away a few years ago. For his exhibitions he demonstrated how to play golf with a 12 gauge- it was absolutely hilarious! Dang if he couldn't hit the ball exactly where he wanted it!

Back