Airbrushing in Canada

J

Justg

Hi Everyone,
I'm in Canada and have just started airbrushing. The hubby bought me an eclipse last Christmas, but the air compressor he had didn't work right so it got put away.
This year he ignored all my suggestions for Christmas presents (I was going to try my hand at oil painting) and surprised me w/ an Iwata compressor. I've been practicing my lines and dots and need a LOT more work on my dagger strokes. I just completed the 1st eye tutorial and it turned out better than I thought it would.

So far I've learned why my brush sprays paint when only the air is on, why the paint comes out like morse code and how to completely take apart the brush, clean oil and assemble. That can all be little frustrating in the 1st two days, but I'm determined to persevere.

Thus far my art work has only been in pastel acrylics and forza. I'm really hoping I can pick up this skill and make it work for me.
I've already put in next year's Christmas wish: Iwata Micron CM-C plus.

From Canada.

Welcome home Justg,
Oil ??? please tell me it is super lube or airbrush lube and not oil
But you have found the best asylum on the net to have fun , learn and hang out at.
Nice to add you to the family and look forward to seeing that first eye:D

Welcome to the forum from NH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi welcome from the uk! You got a great brush there, it is frustrating, but also addictive, and well worth it when you get your first piece done. You have a whole wealth of knowledge at your fingertips from some amazing artists, and plenty of laughs too.

Hi everyone, thank you for the awesome welcomes.

To answer a couple of the questions:

Oil: artists oils. To this point I've only been using regular ole brushes :) with acrylic paint. Also use a lot of conte and pastels.
Location: I'm in farm country outside the GTA in Ontario. Own a big newfoundland dog, a bunch of Orpington chickens and grow a very large garden every year.

Thx again for the welcome, will get my first eye posted tonight hopefully.

Hi everyone, thank you for the awesome welcomes.

To answer a couple of the questions:

Oil: artists oils. To this point I've only been using regular ole brushes :) with acrylic paint. Also use a lot of conte and pastels.
Location: I'm in farm country outside the GTA in Ontario. Own a big newfoundland dog, a bunch of Orpington chickens and grow a very large garden every year.

Thx again for the welcome, will get my first eye posted tonight hopefully.

I'm in a little village south of Cambridge. We arent that far from each other....

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place to learn. Sorry to hear you're having a few issues with the brush, did the morse code stop after you cleaned it? Let us know and if not someone will no doubt pipe up and give you the answer to fix it. Its usually air leakage or a blocked nozzle when you have issues so shouldn't be hard to fix.

Lee

Welcome, from Quebec!

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

welcome at your second home :D
grtz daemon

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:loyal:

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place to learn. Sorry to hear you're having a few issues with the brush, did the morse code stop after you cleaned it? Let us know and if not someone will no doubt pipe up and give you the answer to fix it. Its usually air leakage or a blocked nozzle when you have issues so shouldn't be hard to fix.

Lee

I'm pretty sure it was from using 100% opaque black w/ no reducer. big rookie mistake I'm sure.. :)

Back