airbrushing lines

A

antidragonslayer

Im doing some airbrush exercises and i seem to have a problem with the vertical line but im okay with the horizon. anyone have any tips how i can improve or make it easier on me and i know i need practice im doing that but i just want to know if there is a trick to it???

There is a brilliant exercise I use with my students... Get a newspaper. Highlight different lines in different font sizes (thus line thicknesses). Place the newspaper on your easel horizontally for horizontal line practice. Turn it sideways for vertical line practice!!

Voila!

When you're talking about using the newspaper do u mean using it as a stencil???

It sounds like he wants you to underline sentences. That's a good idea.

I think he means you spray over the text and the size of the letters determine how big you spray. Basically you must try and cover the text by matching the spray distance. Very clever plan indeed.

I really like the newspaper idea. It is both clever and cheap! Thanks!

This would have to be the tip of the day ! !

and i think AndreZA has hit the nail on the head !

I think he means you spray over the text and the size of the letters determine how big you spray. Basically you must try and cover the text by matching the spray distance. Very clever plan indeed.

Or you can rotate your canvas 90 degrees an paint horizontal lines :) .
Just kidding! Like already said practise and practise again.

Back