Airhose vs Airbrush ??

Exodus

Double Actioner
got 2 airbrushes with iwata quick connects on 1 iwata & 1 Sotar

was looking around at all the different lengths of hoses and airbrushes out and think i got a little over welmed ??

seems like there might be a few different air hose sizes and some proprietary threading :(

please straighten me out on the issue

Hi there are you looking to get another hose or extending the one you have because you can extend the hose with a coupling fitting the hoses are pretty much all standard sizes some one may correct me on that.

got 2 airbrushes with iwata quick connects on 1 iwata & 1 Sotar

was looking around at all the different lengths of hoses and airbrushes out and think i got a little over welmed ??

seems like there might be a few different air hose sizes and some proprietary threading :(

please straighten me out on the issue

There are a few different proprietary sizes in the industry. The most common is the one on the Iwata, which is 1/8" BSP thread. Many, many brands use this same standard. Then there are the oddballs. Badger has a m5 x 0.5, as do Thayer and Chandler. Paasche has always had a proprietary thread size and pitch I have never found a standard match for, and then there is aztek/model master... The good thing is that there are quick connect couplings made for all of them. A simple search on Amazon, or perhaps through your favorite AB vendor - will usually turn up the ones needed. One female quick connect on the end of any hose you choose to use and male quick connects on each different brand of brush, will allow you to connect any brush to that one hose. Really, quite simple :thumbsup:.

So you need 1 hose ( i prefer braded ) buy one that will give you enough length for what you need. Mine is 1.5m i dont need a very long hose. Your quick connector end will be 1/8 bsp as Dave said. Is the connector on the compressor the same size or bigger? If its bigger its probably 1/4bsp You can get adapters to reduce the sizes or just buy a hose with the right ends on.

I am new but this is one area I can comment and think I have use a number of the things mentioned. I am sure that everyone has different setup's for their work area, for me my compressor is a long way away from where I paint so I have a 50' hose to the paint area (60 to 80 psi on this hose) and have a second trap/regulator right in front of where I paint and can reach to adjust it without moving. I got a good quality 6' (guess that would be about 2m) braded hose which is a good length for my needs, with 1/8 connectors on both end with a 1/4 adapter to connect to the regulator and a 1/8 quick disconnect at the other end for the AB.

When I got my Badger AB's I also got quick disconnects with them to match their connectors, and when I got the Paasche I also got a quick disconnect with it as well. All the Creos AB's have 1/8 threads and I have a hand full of quick releases in that size. Almost all of the quick disconnects that I have seen have 1/8 threads so that would be a good reason to use 1/8 hoses.

Although I have a couple, I do not use quick disconnects attached to my airbrushes. I have two compressors. One is a small tankless one that I use to test brushes when I get them in. The other is an 8 gallon that I use to spray with.

You don't say where you are from so it's a bit more difficult to give specific answers. I am in the United States. I have one 8 foot braided hose on each compressor. They both are 1/8 BSP hoses (fits Iwata, H&S etc.) I have 1/4 inch NPT adapters on the compressor ends as that is typically the standard in the US.

I have adapters for 1/8 BSP hose to Badger airbrush and 1/8 BSP hose to Paasche airbrush. I am able to connect all my airbrushes to either of my compressors.

If you are looking to buy a new hose I don't see the need for one much longer than 8 feet. Or if you need more than that to reach your compressor, you would be better off getting a longer, larger diameter hose and an additional gauge/water trap as Wild Bill suggested.

You don't say where you are from so it's a bit more difficult to give specific answers. .

I'm from Alaska but spend most of my off-work time in Philippines. so i buy my stuff when in Alaska and bring it with me to PI

since i already have Iwarta quick connects i want to stick with those in the event i get more ab's

since i already have Iwarta quick connects i want to stick with those in the event i get more ab's

My asking your location had to do with what hose to compressor fitting you may require.

You may want to look at the Badger and Paasche adapters to 1/8 BSP if that is the style hose you are using.
https://spraygunner.com/1-8-male-to-paasche-airbrush-adapter-by-no-name-brand/
https://spraygunner.com/badger-airbrush-adapter-to-1-8-hose/

SG is a great place to buy from and they should ship to Alaska.

my Iwata quick connects thread onto a Sotar no problem, So the rest of the badger line has a different threading on the air brush itself ??

The thread is different with badger and with Paasche.
But you can also buy Male Quick Connect for that.
In the photo Iwatta and Paasche can go on the same hose.
IMG_20211224_093127 (Large).jpg

Back