airsoft gun (bb-gun)

D

daemon

so my nephew likes to do airsoft competition with the team now he has a old snipergun he want to give me for practicing the airbrush now my question is how do i start this one the gun is some parts plastic en de some are metal but he did not know it was already painted normaly tomorow i have then i place a photo of it the idea was to paint the logo of the team on it with something special cod style so they have a special prize for there next competition so if any of you guys/girl did this once can you help me out
grtz daemon

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

deamon - I have used Rustoleums universal primer (including plastic) on a welding helmet that came out very well as a base coat as well. (matte black). make sure the surface is free of loose stuff like rust and old paint. key it well - maybe a 600 or 800 grit. hope this helps. It also depends what paint you have in your arsenal too. It will also help to see what it looks like tomorrow when you post it :)

edit - some peeps advise an adhesion promoter before the base coat (good idea Wayne :) ). Mr Mic posted a link somewhere.......http://www.amazon.com/Klean-Strip-B...488&sr=8-1&keywords=bulldog+adhesion+promoter

Last edited by a moderator:
okay thanks i will use the cleaner and a special plastic primer from the bodyshop at work and i am gonna read your wip about the welding helmet
grtz daemon

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

ya - a degreaser is very important too - especially if oils have been used :)

As always, the crew here have very good advice.
The adhesion promoter will bond your paint to the plastic, but may not necessarily help with any metal parts.
A magnet will sort that out for you, if you're not 100% sure.
On these parts [if any] clean thoroughly with wax and grease remover, then prime with a base coat colour to suit your finished paint job.
Good luck!